The Sennheiser e604 Dynamic Microphone is a compact cardioid instrument microphone that is compatible with toms, snares, and percussion. It clips-on quickly and easily wherever you choose.
The Sennheiser e604 Dynamic Microphone is specially designed to handle the high SPLs of drums, percussion, woodwind, and brass instruments without distortion. The frequency response and cardioid pick-up pattern are optimized for drum sets and other percussion instrument miking, while also producing exceptional results on all forms of brass and woodwind. An integral stand mount screws directly onto mic stands and included clip attaches mic to rim of drum. Very high sound pressure level handling, in excess of 160 dB, is combined with a balanced, clear, low distortion signal similar to a high-end studio condenser microphone. Lightweight voice coil provides extended high frequency and rapid transient response. A tough reinforced glass fiber body takes the knocks and shocks and suppresses impact noise.
Sennheiser e604 Dynamic Microphone Features
- Rugged reinforced glass fiber body
- Low sensitivity to impact and handling noise
- Very high sound pressure handling capability (in excess of 160 dB)
- Low distortion microphone
- Hum compensating coil
- Easy to position due to compact design
- Integral stand mount
Sennheiser e604 Dynamic Microphone Specifications
- Transducer Principle: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 40 - 18,000 Hz
- Pick-Up Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity (Free Field, at 1 kHz): 1.8 mV/Pa
- Nominal Impedance (at 1 kHz): 350 ?
- Min. Terminating Impedance: 1 k?
- Connector: XLR-3
- Dimensions: ? 33 x 59 mm
- Weight (Without Cable): 60 g
Sennheiser e604 Dynamic Microphone Includes
- 1 x Sennheiser e604 Dynamic Microphone
- 1 x Carry Pouch
- 1 x MZH 604 Drum Clip
- 1 x Quick Start Guide
- 1 x Safety Guide
- 2 Year Warranty
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I've been using the e604's as my go-to mic for toms for many years now. They also make an outstanding snare mic, with a lot of crack to poke through in a mix. They're very small, so they're easy to position in tight spaces without getting in the way. My only complaint is that the included clips don't work with most RIMS-type suspension tom mounts, so if your drums are so equipped, you'll need to buy some different clip, or mount the mics on a stand.