Rode NT1-A Microphones
The Rode NT1-A Microphones are a matched pair of cardioid condenser microphone that has become an industry standard; delivering the warmth, extended dynamic range, clarity and high SPL capability typically only featured on some of the worlds most expensive microphones.
The Rode NT1-A Microphones is a matched pair version of Rode's NT1-A microphone. Ultimately the way to judge a mic is by its sound. Rode put the Rode NT1-A through its paces and were knocked out by its sonic performance. From acoustic guitars to guitar amplifiers to vocals to percussion, the Rode NT1-A excels in every application for which it was tested, and it handles high-SPL sources without a problem. With only 5dB of self-noise, the Rode NT1-A, winner of the Electronic Musician 2004 Editors Choice Award, is the world's quietest studio condenser microphone. It provides the warmth, extended dynamic range, clarity, and high SPL capability previously only possible with the very best and most expensive microphones. Finished in durable satin nickel, the Rode NT1-A is supplied with a shockmount and zip pouch. The frequency response is very smooth all the way from 20Hz to 20kHz. Anyone seeking an affordable large-diaphragm condenser for their studio should not fail to listen to the versatile NT1-A. The Rode NT1-A-MP is a matched pair of Rode NT1-A's, and includes a certificate.
With a self-noise level of only 5dBA, the Rode NT1-A Microphone is widely recognised (along with the NT1) as one the world's quietest studio microphones. This low noise makes it an ideal for vocal microphone as well as perfect for recording guitars and percussion.
Rode NT1-A Microphones Features
- Large 1" (25mm) Capsule with gold plated diaphragm
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Self noise of only 5dB (A)
- Ultra low noise, transformerless surface mount circuitry
- Wide dynamic range
- Gold plated output contacts
- True condenser (externally biased)
- Internal capsule shock mounting
Rode NT1-A Microphones Specifications
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Capsule: 1.00"
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Address Type: Side
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 100O
- Maximum SPL: 137dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- Maximum Output Level: 13.7dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- Sensitivity: -31.9dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (25.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 5dB-A
- Signal Noise Ratio: >88 dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Power Options: +24V phantom power, +48V phantom power
- Output: XLR Output
- Weight: 326gm
- Dimensions: 190mmH x 50mmW x 50mmD
Rode NT1-A Microphones Includes
- Matched Pair of NT1-A's
- 2 x SM6 Shock Mount with Detachable Pop Filter
- 2 x Shielded XLR cable (6m/20')
- 2 x Microphone Dust Cover - Premium drawstring dust cover
- Acoustic Matching Certificate
- 1 Year Warranty (with free extension to 10 years following registration of your microphone)
Rode NT1-A Microphones Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I have used the stereo pair of NT1-A's on 2 record projects so far and I couldn't be happier with the purchase. These mics are extremely quiet.
I used the NT1-A's for a lot on this record project and they didn't let me down on any source: Drum OH, Electric Guitar Room, Acoustic close, and Vocals (generally paired with another mic to get contrasting flavors). Such a versatile mic at such a great price!