Rode NTK Tube Microphone
The Rode NTK Tube Microphone is a premium valve condenser microphone designed to provide incredible detail and warmth in the studio. Its cardioid polar pattern is perfect for most single instrument recording scenarios.
The Rode NTK Tube Microphone is the result of an extensive development program to create a truly superior valve condenser microphone. The electronic circuitry complementing this very sensitive transducer includes a hand-selected twin-triode 6922 valve and audiophile grade components. The result is an ultra-wide dynamic range, low noise, and stunning tube warmth. The Rode NTK's rich valve sound is ideal for vocals, acoustic instruments, drum overheads, guitar amps and pianos.
The Rode NTK microphone is designed and made in Australia, and covered by Rode Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
Rode NTK Tube Microphone Features
- Large 1 capsule with gold plated diaphragm
- Class A valve circuitry
- Hand selected and graded 6922 twin-triode valve
- Dedicated power supply
- Internal capsule shock mounting
- High level of RF rejection
- Ultra low noise
- Wide dynamic range
- High strength heat treated steel mesh head
Rode NTK Tube Microphone Specifications
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics: Valve/tube impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Capsule: 1.00"
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Address Type: Side
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 200O
- Maximum SPL: 158dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- Maximum Output Level: 29.0dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- Sensitivity: -38.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (25.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 12dB-A
- Power Options: +Power supply included
- Weight: 760.00gm
- Dimensions: 208.00mmH x 55.00mmW x 55.00mmD
- Output: XLR Output
Rode NTK Tube Microphone Includes
- NTK - Valve 1" Condenser Microphone
- NTK Power Supply - Powers the twin-triode 6922 valve and circuitry
- NTK 7-Pin Cable
- RM2 - Ring-Mount Microphone Stand
- RC2 - Rugged Microphone Case
- 1 Year Warranty (free 10 years extension following registration of your microphone)
Rode NTK Tube Microphone Downloads
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
There were two associates that assisted me, and both were very knowledgeable and HONEST. I had cancelled this order from two other dealers because they lied to me that they had the item in stock but they did not in reality. Ryan at Front End Audio put me on hold, and went and checked in the stock room and verified it was in their possession before he took my order!!!! They now have me as their permanent customer!!!!
Awesome mic! I sold my studio projects c-1 and got this. For my vocals, nothing beats it in this price range.
The Rode NTK Tube Condenser mic was my first tube mic purchase. I fell in love with its beauty on female and male voice, as well as acoustic guitar. It brings a delicate subtlety to the tracks that reveals qualities in the source that can go unnoticed by other mics.
But the surprise was the day I "threw" it up as a mono drum overhead mic. WOW! Sweet cymbals without the nails-on-a-blackboard I heard from so many other mics. And perfectly balanced kick, snare and toms to boot!
A very good value, I give it 4.5 stars, (but the rating system doesn't allow .5 stars) as a mic that sounds like a thousand bucks for a whole lot less.
I'm a 20 year voice-over veteran, and have had my own studio since 2002. I purchased the Rode NTK in 2004, and since then it has been my go-to mic. I've had gear-itis, and have tried out many mics in the $300-1000 range, and the Rode NTK has beaten out all of them in various mic shootouts I've held on voice-over forums. I like it much better than my TLM-103, AT4047, RE-20, etc.
However, if you do buy this mic, spend another $50-100 and get a really good NOS Amperex or Telefunken tube to replace the stock tube. Once I did that, this mic really bloomed into something special.
Nice microphone, warm sound. I use it for vocal and I really enjoy the quality of the signal! Probably one of the best mic at this price on the market.