Rode K2 Tube Microphone
The Rode K2 Tube Microphone is a valve condenser design in the tradition of the classic studio microphones. Featuring dual 1 inch gold sputtered diaphragms, the K2 offers infinitely variable control of the polar pattern from omnidirectional through cardioid and bidirectional/figure-8 to provide the freedom and flexibility to excel in any recording situation.
The Rode K2 Tube Microphone comes with a large 1" capsule with gold sputtered diaphragm and internal shock mounting. Incorporating hand-selected and graded 6922 twin-triode valve, the Rode K2 offers Wide dynamic range and Ultra low noise, the Rode K2 offers a wide dynamic range and Ultra low noise.
High-performance specifications (including a maximum SPL of 162dB) are combined with the character and subtleties of the legendary mics of the 1950s to provide a microphone that not only provides world-class vocals but is perfectly at home recording a wide range of instruments both up-close or in a wider room capacity.
Rode K2 Tube Microphone Features
- Large capsule with gold sputtered diaphragm and internal shock mounting
- Wide dynamic range and Ultra low noise
- Class A valve circuitry
- Hand-selected and graded 6922 twin-triode valve
- High strength welded and heat-treated steel mesh head
- Durable satin nickel finish
- Continuously variable polar patterns. From omni, through cardiod to figure 8, controlled at the power supply
- Designed and manufactured in Australia
- Dedicated Power Supply
Rode K2 Tube Microphone Specifications
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics: Valve/tube impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Capsule: 1.00"
- Polar Pattern: Switchable Omnidirectional / Cardioid / Figure-8 in nine steps
- Address Type: Side
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 200O
- Maximum SPL: 162dBSPL
- Maximum Output Level: 30.0mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- Sensitivity: -36.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (16.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 10dBA
- Power Options: Power Supply Unit
- Weight: 815.00g
- Dimensions: 208.00mmH x 55.00mmW x 55.00mmD
- Output: XLR
Rode K2 Tube Microphone Includes
- Rode K2 Tube Microphone
- SM2 - Microphone Shock Mount
- RC2 - Rugged Microphone Case
- 10 Years Warranty
Rode K2 Tube Microphone Downloads
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is my fave mic for vox and acoustic guitars. I have used (and since sold) more expensive LDC's that didn't have the sweetness and the lovely tube warmth of the K2. It makes my voice sound a lot better than it actually is. I use it with a tube pre (Sebatron) for a perfect match. I doubt you will ever find a better tube mic (especially for the $$$s) than this baby..
Tom Strohman said, "I have never heard my flute captured like this even in the big studios".. "Warm, round, gorgeous tone"
My first choice was to use a Neumann U87 for both Tom's flute and sax. I had already set up my new K2 (just out of the box) so I ask him if he minded playing through both mic's. When we listened to the U87 track it was OK, it caught the instrument but nothing to rave about. When we turned up the K2 track, Tom's eyes got big, and right away he stated, "Wow, what warm, round, gorgeous tone"... "I have never heard my flute captured like this even in the big studios"... The K2 is truly a keeper. No eq or compression was used or needed.
In all fairness to the U87, it is not a tube mic however it is an industry standard mic used for recording wind instruments and there for rightfully challenged.
Tom on sax/flute in concert or recording with:
Cher, Eddie Fisher, Della Reese, Patti Page and rock and roll legends, Johnny Winter and Dan Hartman or Third Stream