Rode Blimp WindShield and ShockMount System
The Rode Blimp WindShield and ShockMount System is designed for the Rode NTG1, NTG2, NTG3, NTG4 and NTG4+ microphones, as well as any third party shotgun microphone up to 325mm (12 ¾) in length.
The Rode Blimp WindShield and ShockMount System features the Rycote® Lyre suspension system and provides the ultimate in microphone suspension and isolation. Constructed from a single piece of hard-wearing thermoplastic, the Lyre provides superior acoustic suspension to traditional elastic solutions, and will never wear out, sag or snap.
The Rode Blimps handle has also been completely redesigned, reducing the product weight significantly, while increasing the ergonomics for handheld use.
Housed inside the grip is a heavy-duty Mogami cable which splits via a junction box to a highly-flexible thin cable inside the Rode Blimp, to minimise the transference of vibration to the microphone.
With the lightweight design of the handle and suspension system the new Rode Blimp design is over 25% lighter (550gm without microphone or DeadWombat fitted).
The Rode Blimp attaches to any standard boompole via 3/8" thread attachment at the base. The Universal Blimp Mount is available as an option to remove the handle when the Rode Blimp is being used primarily on a boompole to reduce weight. The Dead Wombat windshield, caring brush and tail/patch cable are included.
The added confidence of a full ten year warranty ensures that the Rode Blimp is by far the best microphone windshield system available, further evidenced by a 2009 Red Dot Award and Australian International Design Award for outstanding product design.
Rode Blimp WindShield and ShockMount System Features
- Greatly reduces handling and wind noise
- Accommodates most shotgun microphones 325mm in length and 19-22mm diameter
- Rycote Lyre suspension system onboard with internal spacing guide
- Lightweight skeleton handle with 3/8 thread mount
- Mogami cable with Neutrik and Switchcraft XLR connectors
- Dead Wombat windshield
Rode Blimp WindShield and ShockMount System Specifications
- Compatibility: NTG1, NTG2, NTG3, NTG4 & NTG4+ Microphones
- Internal Lyre Spacing: 120 mm
- Weight: 550g
- Dimensions: 285.00mmH x 490.00mmW x 125.00mmD
Rode Blimp WindShield and ShockMount System Includes
- Blimp WindShield & ShockMount System
- Dead Wombat windshield
- Dead Wombat Comb
- Hex Key Screwdriver
- 10 Years Warranty
Rode Blimp WindShield and ShockMount System Downloads
- Rode Blimp WindShield and ShockMount System Manual (PDF)
- Rode Blimp WindShield and ShockMount System Data Sheet (PDF)
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The shockmount is Rycote! Nice! And it is 1/2 as much as the Rycote blimp! How can you go wrong?