Radial EXTC 500-Series Guitar Effects Loop
The Radial EXTC 500-Series Guitar Effects Loop lets you incorporate guitar effects into the realm of pro-audio recording. It converts +4dB balanced signals to HI-Z guitar effects pedals and then reconverts them back so that they can easily be manipulated in the pro-audio environment.
The Radial EXTC 500-Series Guitar Effects Loop allows you add a touch of grit to a vocal track, some wah on a kick drum, maybe flange a violin The Radial EXTC is a creative tool made for your esoteric-inventive side, ready to unleash fresh new sounds that will make your recordings stand out from the crowd.
And it's super easy to use: connect a line level signal from the recording system. The Radial EXTC unbalances the signal and converts it to high impedance where guitar pedals can be inserted at will. Front mounted ¼" send & receive connectors provide easy access. Turn track on, set levels, adjust the blend for just the right amount of magic. Be prepared for instant amazement. Legalized ecstasy.
Features include Radial's award winning 100% discrete class-A guitar buffering for ultimate audio integrity, transformer isolation to eliminate buzz and hum caused by ground loops, 180º polarity reverse to keep effects and balanced signals in phase, plus a separate patch bay insert point to add studio effects into the fun.
The Radial EXTC is without a doubt one of the most innovative effect manipulating devices ever made. And it opens the door to new sounds by taking Reamping technology to an all new level.
Be prepared for wild & wonderful!
Radial EXTC 500-Series Guitar Effects Loop Features
- Balanced interface for guitar effects pedals
- Separate send & receive controls optimize signal path
- Transformer isolated send eliminates ground loops
- Creative tool helps your mix stand out from the rest
- 100% discrete class-A signal path
- Separate send & receive level controls
- Front panel ¼ jacks for easy connection
- Super easy to use The EXTC does it all!
- Isolated output to eliminate ground loops
- Wet-dry mix to adjust the balance
- Can also be used for Reamping!
Radial EXTC 500-Series Guitar Effects Loop Applications
- Reamping through Pedals - Take a dry track, send it to the Radial EXTC which in turn feeds your pedals. This is the perfect way to add some extra zest to a vocal track; an envelope follower to a kick; or some wah to that Hammond.
- Adding Growl to a Vocal - Plug your mic into the Radial PowerPre and send the signal into the Radial EXTC. From there, you add an effect like a Radial Tonebone Trimode using the blend control to mix in just the right amount of distortion.
- Recording Direct - Plug your guitar or bass into the JDVPre and have it feed the Radial EXTC where you can send the signal through your pedals. Then bring the signal back through the Radial JDX to emulate a speaker cabinet.
Radial EXTC 500-Series Guitar Effects Loop Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Circuit Type: Solid state with transformer coupled effects loop
- Power Requirement: 60mA, ±16VDC
- Output Gain:
- 12dB - send & receive at maximum
- 6dB - send minimum/receive maximum
- 0dB - send & receive set at 12 oclock
- Frequency Response:
- Dry: 20Hz ~ 20kHz ±1.5dB
- Wet: 20Hz ~ 10kHz ±3.5dB (-8dB @ 20kHz)
- Dry: >0.005% 0dB output
- Wet: >0.002% 0dB output
- Dry: -93dB
- Wet: -84dB
- Intermodulation Distortion:
- Dry: >0.003% 0dBu input
- Wet: <0.02% 0dBu input
- Maximum Input:
- Dry: +26dBu
- Wet: +20dBu
- Effects Loop I/O:
- Send 1/4" Output: Unbalanced ¼"
- Receive 1/4" Input: Unbalanced ¼"
- Send 1/4" Output: 1.5k Ohms
- Receive 1/4" Input: 10K Ohms
- Gain (Variable):
- Send 1/4" Output: From -14dB ~ +3dB, 0dB at center point
- Receive 1/4" Input: From -99dB ~ +9dB, 0dB at center point
- Maximum Gain:
- Send 1/4" Output: ±3dB,
- Receive 1/4" Input: +9dB
- Line Level I/O:
- Input: Balanced XLR Female Rear Panel
- Output: Balanced XLR Male Rear Panel
- Input: 15k Ohms
- Output: 200 Ohms
- Headroom: (Output) +25dBu
- Conditions: For indoor use at temperatures between +5° c and +40° c
Radial EXTC 500-Series Guitar Effects Loop Includes
- Radial EXCT Guitar Effects Loop
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial EXTC 500-Series Guitar Effects Loop Downloads
- Radial Workhorse EXTC 500-Series Guitar Effects Loop User Guide (PDF)
- Radial Workhorse EXTC 500-Series Guitar Effects Loop Smart Sheet (PDF)
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review