Radial EXTC SA Effects Reamper
The Radial EXTC SA Effects Reamper is a unique interface designed to allow you to introduce high impedance guitar pedals and effects into the recording world with relative ease while keeping the signal quiet. This creative tool is ready to unleash fresh new sounds that will make your recordings stand out from the crowd.
The Radial EXTC SA Effects Reamper is a stand-alone audio interface that lets you incorporate guitar effects into the realm of pro-audio recording. Just imagine add a touch of grit to a vocal track, some wah on a kick drum, maybe flange a violin The EXTC SA is a creative tool made for your esoteric-inventive side, ready to unleash fresh new sounds that will make your recordings stand out from the crowd.
And it's super easy to use: connect a line level signal from the recording system. The Radial EXTC-SA unbalances the signal and converts it to high impedance where guitar pedals can be inserted at will. Simply plug in, turn the track on, set your levels and adjust the blend for just the right amount of magic. Be prepared for instant amazement. Legalized ecstasy.
Features include Radial's award winning 100% discrete class-A guitar buffering for ultimate audio integrity, transformer isolation to eliminate buzz and hum caused by ground loops, 180º polarity reverse to keep effects and balanced signals in phase, and two loops that can let you compare signal paths or combine them to create your magical masterpiece.
The Radial EXTC-SA is without a doubt one of the most innovative effect manipulating devices ever made. And it opens the door to new sounds by taking Reamping technology to an all new level.
The Radial EXTC SA... be prepared for wild & wonderful!
Radial EXTC SA Effects Reamper Features
- Balanced interface for guitar effects pedals
- Separate send & receive controls optimize signal path
- Transformer isolation helps eliminate ground loops
- Creative tool helps your mix stand out from the rest
Radial EXTC SA Effects Reamper Applications
- Reamping through Pedals - Take a dry track, send it to the Radial EXTC SA which in turn feeds your pedals. This is the perfect way to add some extra zest to a vocal track; an envelope follower to a kick; or some wah to that Hammond.
- Reamping with the EXTC - The Radial EXTC SA is well suited for Reamping. Simply connect the pre-recorded channel to the Radial EXTC SA and then split the signal off to two amps using the send connectors. You are set to go!
Radial EXTC SA Effects Reamper Specifications
- Circuit Type: Solid state with transformer coupled effects loop
- Power Requirement: 60mA, ±16VDC
- Output Gain:
- 12dB - send & receive at maximum
- 6dB - send minimum/receive maximum
- 0dB - send & receive set at 12 oclock
- Frequency Response: (Dry) 20Hz ~ 20kHz ±1.5dB, (Wet) 20Hz ~ 10kHz ±3.5dB (-8dB @ 20kHz)
- THD+N: (Dry) >0.005% 0dB output, (Wet) >0.002% 0dB output
- Noise: (Dry) -93dB, (Wet) -84dB
- Intermodulation Distortion: (Dry) >0.003% 0dBu input, (Wet) <0.02% 0dBu input
- Maximum Input: (Dry) +26dBu, (Wet) +20dBu
- Effects Loop I/O:
- Connector: (Send 1/4" Output) Unbalanced ¼", (Receive 1/4" Input) Unbalanced ¼"
- Impedance: Send 1/4" Output: 1.5k Ohms, Receive 1/4" Input: 10K Ohms
- Gain (Variable): (Send 1/4" Output) From -14dB ~ +3dB 0dB at center point, (Receive 1/4" Input) From -99dB ~ +9dB 0dB at center point
- Maximum Gain: (Send) 1/4" Output: ±3dB, (Receive) 1/4" Input: +9dB
- Line Level I/O:
- Connector: (Input) Balanced XLR Female, Rear Panel, (Output) Balanced XLR Male, Rear Panel
- Impedance: (Input) 15k Ohms, (Output) 200 Ohms
- Headroom: (Output) +25dBu
- Conditions: For indoor use at temperatures between +5° c and +40° c
Radial EXTC SA Effects Reamper Includes
- Radial EXTC SA Effects Reamper
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial EXTC SA Effects Reamper Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
When I decided to replace the rack mounted effects units in my rig with high quality analog pedals last year I ran into a problem. This Radial interface solved that problem in spades.
The EXTC-SA works as a reverse DI box to feed a low impedance line level signal into a device that requires a high impedance input signal. In addition to matching the required impedance load, the interface provides a gain level control to tune signal strength and maximize the results.
The options provided have been overkill for how I've been using this device. But after 8 months of use I'm getting around to being able to use the signal loop function.
Radial Engineering makes great high-quality products. They're completely reliable because they're built like a tank and can take a ton of abuse.