PreSonus FaderPort V2 USB Controller
The PreSonus FaderPort V2 USB Controller offers precise tactile control over mix and automation functions. This provides a superior solution for anyone who mixes in the box, the FaderPort provides a 100 mm touch-sensitive, motorized fader for writing fades and automation in real-time and 24 buttons covering 40 different functions, all in a compact chassis that easily sits on any desk.
The PreSonus FaderPort V2 USB Controller incorporates elements from the award-winning FaderPort 8 propelling forward this studio classic. Rather than forcing you to revise your mixing method, the FaderPort augments the way you currently mix. You still use your faithful keyboard and mouse for things they do well, and the FaderPort handles what you really want to get your fingers on: your mix. This is DAW control the way you always hoped it could be! Quickly zoom in on audio files for editing. Control track levels with the touch of a finger. With the FaderPort, you’ll enjoy the fastest, most efficient workflow you’ve ever experienced.
The FaderPort's unique Session Navigator provides easy access to eight mission-critical functions for maximum flexibility. Use the large encoder button and companion buttons to edit and mix with greater efficiency and speed. Scroll through your timeline, using the encoder, or work measure by measure with the arrow buttons; zoom in and out on the timeline with the encoder and make your tracks larger or smaller with the arrow buttons; navigate and drop markers; and maintain constant control of your main level. Once you start using the Session Navigator, you’ll wonder how you mixed without it.
PreSonus FaderPort V2 USB Controller Features
- Single touch-sensitive, 100 mm long-throw, motorized fader
- Large, 360 degree button encoder
- Complete recording-transport controls: Play, Stop, Fast Forward, Rewind, Record, Loop
- Drop Marker, Next/Prev Marker, Next/Prev Event
- General session controls: Undo/Redo, Arm All, Solo/Mute Clear, Click On/Off
- Session Navigator provides quick control over Track Scrolling, Timeline Scrolling, and much more
- Channel Controls: Level, Pan, Solo, Mute, Rec Arm
- Automation Controls: Touch, Latch, Trim, Write, Read, Off
- Mac / Windows compatible with native Studio One support and HUI and Mackie Control Universal emulation
- Footswitch input for hands-free start/stop (footswitch not included)
- USB 2.0 connectivity
PreSonus FaderPort V2 USB Controller Specifications
- macOS 10.11 or higher (64-bit only)
- Intel Core 2 Duo processor (Intel Core i3 or better recommended)
- Windows 7 x64 SP1 + platform update, Windows 8.1 x64, Windows 10 x64
- Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2 processor (Intel Core i3 or better recommended)
- Mac and Windows Systems
- The most recent FaderPort firmware
- USB 2.0 port
- Internet connection required for driver and bundled software installation
- Universal Control 2.8 or later (for firmware updates)
PreSonus FaderPort V2 USB Controller Includes
- FaderPort V2 USB Controller
- Power Supply
- 1 Year Warranty
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Remember to visit the Presonus web site and download the latest patch updates and you will be good to go. Without the updates, various functions will not work.
The fader has a very nice touch to it and there doesn't seem to be any latency in writing volume changes.
FaderPort works great. Very smooth fader. However. setup in Cakewalk Sonar was very difficult. Had to manually move the faderport.dll driver file into a different folder than where PreSonus download had placed it. PreSonus needs to have a Sonar (and other major DAW's) configuration with settings that places the driver file in the correct location for each major DAW.
BE ADVISED: THE DRIVER 1.3.8. SOLVES THE NON RESPONSIVE FADER PROBLEM
installed and updated to the latest version of the drivers.... the fader itself stopped working. In order to get it to work again, had to Google the faderport drivers and finally found one that works.
It`s actually in the presonus page but not in the download section. Its a glitch update that calls himself faderport 138 driver.
After fixin that glitch.... is the best purchase ever!!!!! this 100 mm are 10 times more accurate and musical than the mouse or any other fader you can buy for more expensive budgets. To top that... sits right there for you tu react instead of thinking about the mix and lets be honest, we can only ride one track at a time so.... why do you need more.
the people from front end audio were awsome!!!! as always. if i find the pade again i will update the review with the adress if not, email me so i can send you the driver
After a huge search on the net I finally find out how to install FP and setup it properly. I use Sonar X1 with W7. The manual doesn´t say a word about how to install it. After all I think is a great unit. Something to improve besides the manual is the pan control, it´s kinda weird.
This controller is affordable and works very well. A little flaky with Pro Tools, but rock solid with Logic and of course Presonus Studio One. The issues with it and pro tools is by no means a deal breaker. Just loses connection sometimes and needs to be reset. Buttons are a little clicky and noisy but the fader is very smooth. I have used a alpha track and I greatly prefer the fader port. I've also owned the behringer bcf2000 and I like the fader port better. Yes the Behringer has 8 faders but no led screen once you jump back forth between bank of tracks you get lost. Trust me, at this price fader port is the way to go.