PreSonus FaderPort 8 DAW Control
The PreSonus FaderPort 8 DAW Control is an 8-channel advanced DAW and Mix Production Controller featuring ultra-smooth, touch-sensitive, motorized faders and the unique Session Navigator. It makes mixing in your favorite DAW application quick and easy.
The PreSonus FaderPort 8 DAW Control lets you enjoy the fastest, most efficient workflow you've ever experienced. With 8 touch-sensitive, 100 mm long-throw, motorized faders, 8 Scribble Strip displays, complete recording-transport controls, general session controls and more, The PreSonus FaderPort 8 DAW Control, you save time mixing and controlling your DAW.
Don’t Kill that Mouse — Give it a Companion
Although a keyboard and mouse are tried-and-true DAW-control devices, they’re far more effective when used in tandem with the PreSonus FaderPort™ 8’s precise tactile control over mix and automation functions. With 8 touch-sensitive, motorized, 100 mm faders and 65 buttons covering 78 different functions, you can quickly zoom in on audio files for editing, adjust your click-track tempo with a simple tap, modify plug-in parameters, manage aux mixes—and, of course, control track levels with the touch of a finger. With the PreSonus FaderPort 8, you’ll enjoy the fastest, most efficient workflow you’ve ever experienced.
Work Faster and Smarter
Rather than forcing you to revise your mixing method, the PreSonus FaderPort 8 augments the way you currently mix. You still use your faithful keyboard and mouse for things they do well, and the PreSonus FaderPort 8 handles the features you want to get your fingers on, allowing you to customize your workflow. Large, illuminated buttons make finding the function you need quick and easy. Eight digital scribble strips provide visual feedback. And if you select a track with your mouse, the PreSonus FaderPort 8 will follow your selection, giving you yet another way to get to the function you need, right when you need it. This is DAW control the way you always hoped it could be!
One-Button Access to Key Functions
The PreSonus FaderPort 8's unique Session Navigator provides easy access to eight mission-critical functions for maximum flexibility. Use the large encoder button and companion buttons to edit and mix with greater efficiency and speed. Scroll through your timeline, using the encoder, or work measure by measure with the arrow buttons; zoom in and out on the timeline with the encoder and make your tracks larger or smaller with the arrow buttons; navigate and drop markers; and maintain constant control of your main level. Once you start using the Session Navigator, you’ll wonder how you mixed without it.
Universal Compatibility - Integrated with Ableton Live
While compatible with most third-party software, PreSonus FaderPort 8 offers deeper integration with Ableton Live (version 10.1.5 and later). Navigate clips and scenes, change track volume and panning, and switch between Session and Arranger views, the PreSonus FaderPort 8 will help you work faster than ever. The PreSonus FaderPort 8’s streamlined workflow and support for the Mackie Control and HUI protocols also make it fast and easy to control Logic Pro X, Cubase, Pro Tools, and more. No driver installation is necessary; just plug the control surface into a USB port and take command of your mix.
Built for Studio One
The optimized mode for PreSonus Studio One will revolutionize your workflow in PreSonus' award-winning DAW (Studio One Artist included). Use the Session Navigator to quickly move and nudge events in the Arranger window. The unique Link function allows you to instantly control any parameter beneath your mouse with the large encoder. Control link lets you customize your function buttons and much more. You’ll be amazed at how much faster you can work.
An Amazingly Fast, Efficient Studio Workflow Awaits You!
With the compact, easy-to-use PreSonus FaderPort 8, you’ll enjoy the fastest, most efficient workflow you’ve ever experienced. But don’t just take PreSonus' word for it; visit your favorite PreSonus dealer and try the PreSonus FaderPort 8 for yourself!
PreSonus FaderPort 8 DAW Control Features
- 8 Touch-sensitive, 100 mm long-throw, motorized faders
- 8 Scribble Strip displays
- Complete recording-transport controls: Play, Stop, Fast Forward, Rewind, Record, Loop
- Drop Marker Next / Prev Marker Next / Prev Event
- General session controls: Undo / Redo, All Arm, Solo / Mute Clear, Track Management, Click On / Off with tap tempo
- Session Navigator provides quick control over track scrolling, channel banking, timeline scrolling, and much more
- Channel Controls: Level, Pan, Solo, Mute, Rec Arm
- Automation Controls: Touch, Latch, Trim, Write, Read, Off
- Optional Fader functionality: plug-in edit, bus sends, pan
- macOS® / Windows® compatible with native Studio One® support and HUI and Mackie Control Universal emulation
- Footswitch input for hands-free start / stop
- USB 2.0 connectivity
PreSonus FaderPort 8 DAW Control Specifications
- Input / Output:
- 1 USB 2.0 Port
- 1 Footswitch Jack for Hands-free Stop/Start
- 8 100 mm Long-Throw, Touch-Sensitive, Motorized Faders
- Dual-Servo Motorized Drive Belt System for Fast and Quiet Operation
- Ultra-Smooth Feel and Lightning Fast
- Heavy-Duty Construction
- Resolution 10-Bit, 1,024 Steps
- Buttons and Knobs:
- General Controls: Undo/Redo, Arm All, Solo/Mute Clear, Timecode, Track Management, Click On/Off, 4 Programmable User Buttons, 8 Function Buttons, Macro, Parameter Link, Bypass Plug-ins
- Channel Controls: Level, Pan, Solo, Mute, Select, Rec Arm
- Automation Controls: Touch, Latch, Trim, Write, Read, Off
- Optional Fader Functionality: Plug-in Edit, Bus Sends, Pan
- Window View: Mix, Project, Transport, Undo
- Transport: Play, Stop, Fast Forward, Rewind, Record, Loop, Return to Zero (Functionality Varies Slightly Depending on the DAW)
- Navigation: Track Scroll, Channel Banking, Timeline Scroll, Horizontal Zoom, Vertical Zoom, Drop Marker, Next/Prev Marker, Next/Prev Event, Nudge
- Console Management: Show/Hide: Audio Tracks, Inputs, MIDI Tracks, Buses, Outputs, VCAs, FX; Show All
- Displays: 8 Digital Scribble Strip Displays, Timecode Display, Channel Meters
- Power: 12 VDC, 2A External Power Supply
- Height: 2.25" (57.2 mm)
- Depth: 11.85" (301 mm)
- Width: 13.15" (334 mm)
- Weight: 5 lbs. (2.3 kg)
- Computer System Requirements:
- macOS® 10.11 or Higher (64-Bit Only)
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor (Intel Core i3 or Better Recommended)
- Windows 10 x64, Windows 8.1 x64, Windows 7 x64 SP1 + Platform Update
- Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD® Athlon™ X2 Processor (Intel Core i3 or Better Recommended)
- Windows and Mac Systems:
- FaderPort 8 Firmware 1.0.1 or Later (Requires Universal Control v.1.8.3 or Later)
- USB 2.0 Port
- Internet Connection Required for Driver and Bundled Software Installation
- Universal Control v.1.8.3 (for Firmware Updates)
- Software Compatibility:
- Native Mode - PreSonus® Studio One® 3.3.2 or Later
- HUI Emulation - Supported by Pro Tools
- Mackie Universal Control Emulation - Supported by Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar, and Ableton
PreSonus FaderPort 8 DAW Control Includes
- 1 x PreSonus FaderPort 8 DAW Control
- 1 x 6’ (1.8m) USB Cable
- 1 x External Power Supply
- 1 x Quick Start Guide
- 1 x PreSonus Health, Safety, and Compliance Guide
- 1 Year Warranty
PreSonus FaderPort 8 DAW Control Downloads
- PreSonus FaderPort 8 DAW Control Owners Manual (PDF)
- PreSonus FaderPort 8 DAW Control Quick Start Guide (PDF)
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
If you use studio one and you want to mix with faders this is a must have. Greatly increases the workflow in studio one. And presonus products works flawlessy with studio one. Faders feel nice to. I think this will only get better with future firmware updates.