Presonus R65 V2 Studio Monitor
The Presonus R65 V2 Studio Monitor is designed for mixing or mastering high-resolution audio and ensure that you’ll hear every detail captured in your recordings!
Clarity is king—and with the R65 V2s, you’ll hear every single detail in your music: the gentle breath in every exhale, the subtle finger noise in a nylon-string classical guitar; the nuanced overtones of brass and woodwinds; and exquisite reverb tails that decay gracefully into the void. Not only will your mixes sound their absolute best on R65 V2, but you’ll also be able to hear trouble spots in your tracks with surgical clarity. If you’re mixing or mastering high-resolution audio, the R65 V2 will ensure that you’ll hear every detail captured in your recordings.
Air and transient response.
Driven by a dedicated 65 watt Class A/B amp, the R65 V2’s custom-designed 6.8-square-inch Air Motion Transformer (AMT) excels at accurate reproduction of the highest of high frequencies—those responsible for a sense of air, space, and dimensionality. And the AMT’s astonishingly thin (< 0.01 mm) folded Kapton® membrane allows the tweeter to move in the same instant as the voltage cycles that power it, providing nothing less than wave cycle-accurate transient reproduction.
Wide with pride.
The unique AMT design also allows the R65 V2 to handle 8 to 13 times the projection area of more traditional tweeter designs, while the R65 V2’s unique housing constrains this projection area to the horizontal axis. The result is a very wide sweet spot with focused vertical dispersion, —minimizing reflections off of your desk, ceiling, and floor that could otherwise introduce problematic phase and coherence issues. And because it’s less subject to room-anomaly interference, the R65 V2 studio monitor reacts predictably and sounds consistent, even if moved to different listening environments.
The lowdown on the down-low.
R65 V2’s woofer is six and a half inches of rigid, custom-woven composite that offers consistent dispersion across its frequency range for the flattest response we could design. A dedicated 75 watt Class A/B amplifier provides ample headroom and impressive distortion-free, non-fatiguing performance—even at higher volumes.
The new versatility.
Improving the respected R-series classics wasn’t easy, but we found a way: by giving you more control than was available on the original R65. The updated R65 V2 features analog acoustic tuning controls that will be familiar to users of our celebrated Eris® line—you get Low Cut, Mid Frequency, and High Frequency controls, as well as a three-way Acoustic Space switch that allow you to easily compensate for the sonic consequences of speaker placement against a wall or in a corner. We also added a new Class A/B amplifier to provide an even warmer and smoother overall frequency response.
Presonus R65 V2 Studio Monitor Features
- 2-way active AMT tweeter design provides articulate high-frequency response, wide stereo imaging, and narrow vertical dispersion
- Custom-designed, 6.8-inch, AMT tweeter responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies for audiophile-grade air and space
- 6.5-inch LF drivers provide transparent mid- and low-frequency reproduction for clean, punchy bass
- Biamped, 140 W RMS (LF = 75 W, HF = 65 W) Class A/B power amplifier with switching power supply
- Acoustic tuning controls (Low cut, Mid, High, Acoustic Space) compensate for room acoustics and placement
- Includes Studio Magic, a suite of over $1000 USD worth of music production software
- Balanced XLR and ¼-inch TRS plus unbalanced RCA inputs provide flexibility for seamless integration into any environment
- Toroidal power transformer eliminates noise and hum
- System protections include RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, turn-on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
- Power: 100-120 V ~50/60 Hz or 220-240 V ~50/60 Hz
Presonus R65 V2 Studio Monitor Specifications
- Frequency Range: 45 Hz to 22 kHz
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level (SPL): 104 dB
- Protections and Limiting: Fuse, Output Current Limiting, Subsonic Filter, Thermal Limiting
- Monitor Type: Active 2-Way
- Enclosure: Bass-Reflex
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 13 x 8 x 10.3" / 330.2 x 203.2 x 261.6 mm
- Weight: 14.7 lb / 6.7 kg
Presonus R65 V2 Studio Monitor Includes
- Presonus R65 V2 Studio Monitor
- Studio Magic Software Bundle
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I bought these to replace some older Alesis M1Active 520, in the search for a little more low end and something with a front firing port for the primary purposes of listening to jazz and rock on my computer, and editing classical acoustic music from the same work desk. From that point of view, these definitely succeed. The tweeters are nicely revealing, there's plenty of sound down to the 45hz region, which is gone by 40, and I like the overall sound. Also, the adjustments on back allow a lot of flexibility for your preferences and room situation. Also, they don't pick up as much interference from other electronics on the desk, which was a problem on other monitors I've tried. Finally, the changeable faceplates are a nice touch, even if they're pretty cheap plastic. My only reservation in giving the R65 a five-star rating: self noise! These babies HISS a good bit at idle. You don't notice it when you're playing sound through them, but if you work with the monitors on, in silence, you definitely notice it (whether a source is connected or not). I wish they would have put a few more $$ in the amplifier section, so this would be less noticeable than most other monitors I've used.