Neumann KH 420 Studio Monitor
The Neumann KH 420 Studio Monitor is a powerful tri-amplified midfield studio monitor featuring high-precision dispersion with tremendous sound level reserves.
The KH 420 is designed for a working distance of 1.5 to 3 m (5’ to 9’). It handles this space effortlessly thanks to great power reserves and precisely concentrated dispersion. Even in diverse acoustical environments the KH 420 remains neutral and clear in every detail down to the subtlest nuances. No subtlety is lost; every sound element can be localized.
Best working environment: Close to professional ears
The KH 420 is designed for midfield applications and as main monitor in project, music, broadcast and post-production studios for recording, mixing and mastering. And in a multi-channel system, it can also be freely combined with all other Neumann studio monitors.
Ports and high dynamics: No longer a contradiction
With its tri-channel amplifiers the KH 420 also realizes sound pressures of up to 122.4 dB. And it thereby retains high-resolution and neutral representation across the entire frequency response. This also includes an exceptional bass response down to 26 Hz. Despite using ports, there is no “overhang” or audible resonance in the low frequency range and the transient response is precisely controlled at all times. The computer modeled chassis is constructed of LRIM™ materials which eliminates standing wave resonances and suppresses intermodulation distortion, especially in the midrange. For demanding treble, our own specially developed, powerful alloy fabric dome ensures distortion-free reproduction. The fabric dome captures the midrange with utmost precision. Its ultralight material and the powerful neodymium magnet enable a significantly better transient response with considerably less distortion than comparable midrange drivers.
Digital input and delay option
The Digital Input Module DIM 1 expands the loudspeaker electronics by a digital XLR input, a digital BNC input and a digital BNC output (192 kHz/24 Bit) for flexible digital signal links. With the delay function (adjustment range 0 - 400 ms) of the DIM 1, the audio signal can be delayed to ensure audio-visual synchronization (lip sync). In addition, the high resolution of the delays (0.1 ms) allows equalization of the propagation delays. The delay can be added to both inputs (digital and analog). The KH 420 can be retrofitted with a DIM 1.
Neumann KH 420 Studio Monitor Features
- Computer mechanically modeled three-way cabinet design using Low Resonance Integral Molding (LRIM) materials
- In-house simulated magnetically shielded drivers
- Alloy fabric dome tweeter with built-in grille
- Fabric dome, neodymium magnet, midrange driver
- Long throw bass driver with Extremely Linear Force Factor (ELFF) and flow optimized die cast basket
- High-capacity flow-optimized bass reflex ports with pipe damped
- Elliptical Mathematically Modeled Dispersion (MMD) waveguide, with wide horizontal and narrow vertical dispersion
- Electronics panel with dimensioned integrated Accelerated Heat Tunneling (AHT) heat sink
- Analog class AB amplifiers with large headroom and overheat limiting
- Fast-acting independent thermo limiters for woofer, midrange dome and tweeter to protect the voice coils
- Woofer soft clip and excursion limiters
- Four-position bass, low-mid and treble acoustical controls and easy to use parametric equalizer
- Wide range input gain and output level controls
- Ground lift
- Individual hand-alignment in final test
Neumann KH 420 Studio Monitor Includes
- Neumann KH 420 - 3-Way Active Studio Monitor
- 3 x AC Power Cables
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review