Neumann KH 310 Studio Monitors
The Neumann KH 310 Active Midfield Studio Monitors are a matched pair of three-way monitors that reflects Neumann's philosophy of achieving the most accurate sound reproduction using state-of-the-art technology and techniques.
The Neumann KH 310 Studio Monitors exceed the demands for a higher level of audio performance brought on by the transition to HDTV and 5.1 multichannel audio, providing exceptional directivity and detail. Take advantage at Front End Audio with this Left/Right combination pair of KH 310 motitors.
The KH 310 A is an active near-field monitor for demanding applications in the areas of music production, broadcasting, post-production, mixing and mastering. It is also excellently suited for use as a front loudspeaker in medium-sized surround systems, or as a rear loudspeaker for larger multichannel systems. The drivers, all developed by Neumann, have been adapted to one another using acoustic simulations and an extensive series of measurements. A longthrow bass driver ensures low distortion even at high sound pressure levels.
The mid-frequencies essential for speech and vocals are reproduced with exceptional precision by a dedicated mid-range driver. High frequencies are handled by an alloy fabric dome in an elliptical Mathematically Modeled Dispersion (MMD) waveguide. The result is a transparent reproduction with a wide usable listening area while minimizing refl ections in the vertical plane. Thanks to a sealed cabinet and acoustic controls for bass, low-mid and high frequencies, the KH 310 A is also a problem-solver for acoustically challenging spaces such as smaller project and post-production studios and OB vans.
Neumann KH 310 Studio Monitors Features
- Elliptical Mathematically Modeled Dispersion waveguide for smoother off-axis response
- Midrange driver reproduces important midrange frequencies and reduces Doppler effect, which reduces intermodulation distortion
- Low-distortion high-frequency reproduction
- Wide horizontal dispersion offers freedom of movement across the mixing console
- Narrow vertical dispersion reduces reflections off the mixing console
- One-piece front panel with no discontinuities for reduced diffraction and smoother frequency response
Neumann KH 310 Studio Monitors Applications
- Near-field monitor for mixing and mastering
- Front loudspeaker in medium-sized surround systems
- Rear loudspeaker for larger mult-channel systems
- Music production
Neumann KH 310 Studio Monitors Specifications
- −3 dB free field frequency response: 34 Hz - 21 kHz, ± 3 dB
- Pass band free field frequency response: 36 Hz - 20 kHz, ± 2 dB
- Self-generated noise (with input gain set to 100 dB for 0 dBu): < 20 dB(A) at 10 cm
- Total harmonic distortion < 0.5 % at 95 dB SPL at 1 m: > 85 Hz
- Max. SPL in full space / calc. in half space at 3% THD at 1m: 110.3 / 116.3 dB SPL (averaged between 100 Hz and 6 kHz)
- Bass capability: Max. SPL in half space at 3% THD at 1m: 104.5 dB SPL (averaged between 50 Hz and 100 Hz)
- Max. short term SPL with IEC-weighted noise (IEC 60286-5) at 1 m, in typical listening conditions: 113 dB(C) SPL
- Max. short term SPL with music material at 2.3 m, in typical listening conditions (pair): 100 dB(C) SPL (full range), 107 dB(C) SPL (with subwoofer)
- Max. long term SPL with pink noise at 2.3 m, in typical listening conditions (single/pair): 93 / 99 dB(C) SPL (full range), 94 / 100 dB(C) SPL (with subwoofer)
- Bass / Midrange / Treble Class AB amplifiers, cont. (peak) output power: 150 W (210 W) / 70 W (90 W) / 70 W (90 W)
- Controller design: Analog, active
- Crossover frequencies: 650 Hz / 2 kHz
- Crossover slope: 24 dB/oct, 4th order
- Equalization - Bass: 0, −2.5, −5, −7.5 dB
- Equalization - Low Mid: 0, −1.5, −3, −4.5 dB
- Equalization - Treble: +1, 0, −1, −2 dB
- Protection circuitry: Independent thermo limiters for woofer, midrange dome and tweeter. Woofer soft clip and excursion limiters
- Infrasonic filter - frequency; slope: 15 Hz; 6 dB/oct
- Input: XLR, analog electronically balanced
- Impedance, electrically balanced: > 13k Ohms
- Input gain control (sensitivity): 0 dBu to −15 dBu
- Output level control: 94, 100, 108, 114 dB SPL
- CMRR: > 56 dB @ 100 - 15 kHz
- Max. input level: +24 dBu
- Displays and indicators - power on: Neumann logo "White"
- Displays and indicators - limit / clip: Neumann logo "Red"
- Mains Power Supply, voltage; frequency: 100-240 V~; 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption - idle: 24 W
- Power consumption - full output: 300 W
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review