Neumann KH 310 Studio Monitor
The Neumann KH 310 Studio Monitor is a three-way active near-field monitor that reflects Neumann's philosophy of achieving the most accurate sound reproduction using state-of-the-art technology and techniques.
The Neumann KH 310 Studio Monitor exceeds the demands for a higher level of audio performance brought on by the transition to HDTV and 5.1 multichannel audio, providing exceptional directivity and detail.
The Neumann KH 310 Studio Monitor for demanding applications in the areas of music production, broadcasting, post-production, mixing and mastering. It is also excellently suited for use as a front loudspeaker in medium-sized surround systems, or as a rear loudspeaker for larger multichannel systems. The drivers, all developed by Neumann, have been adapted to one another using acoustic simulations and an extensive series of measurements. A longthrow bass driver ensures low distortion even at high sound pressure levels.
The mid-frequencies essential for speech and vocals are reproduced with exceptional precision by a dedicated mid-range driver. High frequencies are handled by an alloy fabric dome in an elliptical Mathematically Modeled Dispersion (MMD) waveguide. The result is a transparent reproduction with a wide usable listening area while minimizing refl ections in the vertical plane. Thanks to a sealed cabinet and acoustic controls for bass, low-mid and high frequencies, the KH 310 A is also a problem-solver for acoustically challenging spaces such as smaller project and post-production studios and OB vans.
Neumann KH 310 Studio Monitor Features
- Elliptical Mathematically Modeled Dispersion waveguide for smoother off-axis response
- Midrange driver reproduces important midrange frequencies and reduces Doppler effect, which reduces intermodulation distortion
- Low-distortion high-frequency reproduction
- Wide horizontal dispersion offers freedom of movement across the mixing console
- Narrow vertical dispersion reduces reflections off the mixing console
- One-piece front panel with no discontinuities for reduced diffraction and smoother frequency response
Neumann KH 310 Studio Monitor Applications
- Near-field monitor for mixing and mastering
- Front loudspeaker in medium-sized surround systems
- Rear loudspeaker for larger mult-channel systems
- Music production
Neumann KH 310 Active Midfield Studio Monitor Specifications
- −3 dB free field frequency response: 34 Hz - 21 kHz, ± 3 dB
- Pass band free field frequency response: 36 Hz - 20 kHz, ± 2 dB
- Self-generated noise (with input gain set to 100 dB for 0 dBu): < 20 dB(A) at 10 cm
- Total harmonic distortion < 0.5 % at 95 dB SPL at 1 m: > 85 Hz
- Max. SPL in full space / calc. in half space at 3% THD at 1m: 110.3 / 116.3 dB SPL (averaged between 100 Hz and 6 kHz)
- Bass capability: Max. SPL in half space at 3% THD at 1m: 104.5 dB SPL (averaged between 50 Hz and 100 Hz)
- Max. short term SPL with IEC-weighted noise (IEC 60286-5) at 1 m, in typical listening conditions: 113 dB(C) SPL
- Max. short term SPL with music material at 2.3 m, in typical listening conditions (pair): 100 dB(C) SPL (full range), 107 dB(C) SPL (with subwoofer)
- Max. long term SPL with pink noise at 2.3 m, in typical listening conditions (single/pair): 93 / 99 dB(C) SPL (full range), 94 / 100 dB(C) SPL (with subwoofer)
- Bass / Midrange / Treble Class AB amplifiers, cont. (peak) output power: 150 W (210 W) / 70 W (90 W) / 70 W (90 W)
- Controller design: Analog, active
- Crossover frequencies: 650 Hz / 2 kHz
- Crossover slope: 24 dB/oct, 4th order
- Equalization - Bass: 0, −2.5, −5, −7.5 dB
- Equalization - Low Mid: 0, −1.5, −3, −4.5 dB
- Equalization - Treble: +1, 0, −1, −2 dB
- Protection circuitry: Independent thermo limiters for woofer, midrange dome and tweeter. Woofer soft clip and excursion limiters
- Infrasonic filter - frequency; slope: 15 Hz; 6 dB/oct
- Input: XLR, analog electronically balanced
- Impedance, electrically balanced: > 13k Ohms
- Input gain control (sensitivity): 0 dBu to −15 dBu
- Output level control: 94, 100, 108, 114 dB SPL
- CMRR: > 56 dB @ 100 - 15 kHz
- Max. input level: +24 dBu
- Displays and indicators - power on: Neumann logo "?White"
- Displays and indicators - limit / clip: Neumann logo "?Red"
- Mains Power Supply, voltage; frequency: 100-240 V~; 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption - idle: 24 W
- Power consumption - full output: 300 W
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review