The Maselec MPL-2 Limiter is a stereo peak and high-frequency limiter offering distortion-free peak limiting, smooth de-essing, and higher perceived loudness for producers and engineers.
The Maselec MPL-2 Limiter two distinct circuits—a wideband limiter and a high-frequency limiter—with independent threshold controls, on/off switches, and 6-segment LED gain reduction meters. The durable alloy enclosure occupies just 1 RU of rack space while providing stereo I/O via balanced XLR connectors, and simple, consolidated controls.
Use the input gain to optimize your gain stage, then tweak each circuit's threshold to determine the amount of gain reduction applied by the peak limiter and high-frequency limiter. Engage the hard-knee mode to operate the peak limiter with a harder compression knee, decreased release time, and heightened loudness. The high-frequency limiter's mid-side sidechain mode allows increased de-essing on center-panned signals by lowering the sidechain threshold for the "mid" (center) signal.
Maselec MPL-2 Limiter Features
- Prevent peak levels from exceeding a designated limit
- Increases subjective loudness of stereo program material
- Gives digitally recorded content a more analog character
- Introduces a soft leveling function for large differences in average program levels
- Reduces dynamic range to maximize the performance of AD converters
- Adds no audible pumping resulting from limiting
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review