The Maselec MLA-2 Compressor is designed for recording, mixing and mastering applications where ultimate sonic performance is required.
The MLA-2 employs state-of-the art analogue circuits to provide a perfect solution for recording and mastering, especially used in conjunction with Prism Sound A/D and D/A converters. The MLA-2 was developed in association with engineer/producer Leif Mases. Leif's work with a diverse range of artists including Abba, Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath is demonstrated by the MLA-2's design with the engineer in mind. The MLA-2 Precision Stereo Compressor is designed to provide very high quality signal processing for the most demanding professional applications. It has been carefully developed in conjunction with balance engineers, producers and mastering engineers to be easy to use, to provide a natural and warm sound and to offer a greater degree of transparency in the presence of compression. The MLA-2 has precise controls to enable exact re-creation of previous configurations.
The gain element of the MLA-2 is an optical device rather than the more conventional VCA. This provides a smooth transition between linear and compressed operation with a low level of noise. One of the main problems for compressors is recovery after loud transients, often called 'pumping'. To avoid this, the attack and release times of the MLA-2 are dynamically controlled - i.e. program dependent; the nominal attack and release times set by the controls are modified according to the program content. This is a key feature of the MLA-2 and one which enables the device to operate effectively and transparently on the most difficult signals without introducing the excessive pumping distortion so noticeable in less sophisticated designs.
Maselec MLA-2 Compressor Features
- Easy to operate with input gain controlling compression depth (drive)
- Minimal gain adjustment needed when changing ratio
- Optical gain element for smoothness and freedom from noise
- Dynamically-controlled attack and release to minimize pumping
- Precision stepped controls
- "ImageLink" Intelligent dynamic stereo linking system
- Output gain make-up
- Switchable gain reduction or signal level (VU) metering
- Low noise
- Extended headroom with maximum input amplitude of +28dBu
- Extended frequency response
- Low distortion
- Electronically balanced inputs and outputs
Maselec MLA-2 Compressor Includes
- Maselec MLA-2 Compressor
- Power Cable
- MAnufacturer Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review