BetterMaker Darth Limiter Mastering Limiter
The BetterMaker Darth Limiter Mastering Limiter is a limited edition Limiter celebrating 1000th Mastering Limiter. Only 200 pieces available!
When you need premium sound quality limiting and convenience of fast and precise recall and automation. Bettermaker Darthlimiter offers, 100% analog signal path, plugin recall and automation within your project, frequency dependent saturation, MS processing, enhanced metering section and a large LED touchscreen minimising clutter on your main studio screen. Get analog mastering sound quality results, fast and spare your recall time.
The digital section of the Bettermaker Darthlimiter is based around two high speed, 32- bit micro-controllers, with dedicated firmware programmed into their memory (with the possibility of updating the firmware via USB connection). One of them is responsible for controlling the VCA limiter, when the other watches over the user interface, presets management, audio measurement, USB connectivity and other Bettermaker Darthlimiter functions. The use of separate ground planes for analog and digital section results in perfect noise isolation between these two worlds. The linear power supply was used instead the switching one to improve the sonic qualities even further.
Front panel and LCD touchscreen
The front panel of the Bettermaker Darthlimiter is build around big LCD touchscreen, that allows you to control almost all functions available in the device. Apart from that, you can also monitor input/output levels, amount of gain reduction (and clipping) applied by the limiter, perform advanced measurements (FFT, LUFS, K-metering), use on-screen QWERTY keyboard for naming your presets and more. You can even display fully configurable, analog style VU meters!
BetterMaker Darth Limiter Mastering Limiter Features
- 100% analog signal path
- intelligent and manual release
- variable mix between limiting and clipping
- possibility to turn off the clipping section, so you can clip with you favorite AD or other.
- Two color modules introducing different saturation that can be used simultaneously
- Color 1 with Majority of odd harmonics
- Color 2 with Majority of even harmonics
- Both color sections can be internally EQed so for example you can present more odd harmonics in the low end to give the mix more bite and sweeten the highs with the even harmonics at the top end.
BetterMaker Darth Limiter Mastering Limiter Specifications
- Maximum input level: +21,5 dBu (balanced)
- Maximum output level: +23 dBu (THD < 0.1%)
- Operating Level: +4dBu
- Maximum gain reduction: 20 dB
- Makeup gain: automatic
- Attack time: 0.1 – 250ms
- Release time: 0.01 – 1.3s + IREL (intelligent release)
- Input impedance (differential): 48kΩ (for balanced signal)
- Output Impedance: 50Ω + 50Ω (electronically balanced)
- Frequency response 5Hz to 30kHz; +/- 0.1dB
- Dynamic range: 107 dB @ +21 dBu, 20 kHz BW
- THD+N: <0.03%, +4 dBu, unity gain, 20 kHz BW
- CMRR: max 80 dB @ 3 kHz, min 55 dB @ 50Hz, 20 kHz BW
- Crosstalk: min -90 dB @ 1KHz, max -57 dB @ 30Hz, +18 dBu, 20 kHz BW
- Maximum power consumption: 30W (uses 630mA slow blow fuse)
- Shipping weight: 5.5 kg
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Total workflow game changer. Absolutely loving the the seamless integration with the daw for when I need to jump through projects and the harmonic options are just beautiful. Overall an outstanding finalising piece from Bettermaker and even more appealing in all black!