BetterMaker Mastering Compressor
The BetterMaker Mastering Compressor gives you the best of both worlds: the signal path is 100% analog with top quality components and parameters are controlled digitally via front panel touchscreen/controls or remotely with a free DAW plug-in.
Following the renowned Mastering Limiter and Mastering Equalizer, Bettermaker has expanded the line with the Mastering Compressor. As with all Bettermaker hardware you get the best of both worlds: the signal path is 100% analog with top quality components and parameters are controlled digitally via front panel touchscreen/controls or remotely with a free DAW plug-in.
Multiple Compression Flavors
The Mastering Compressor features an advanced analog VCA compressor with stereo, dual-mono and M/S operation modes, complete with solo and sidechain preview functions. It also includes 3 unique compression modes: BM (Bettermaker), SG (SSL-type), and DX (DBX-type). The BM mode offers the most gentle but very versatile compression that works for the widest range of settings. The SG and DX modes offer compression types in line with the classics they have been inspired by.
The Mastering Compressor is loaded with options including stereo, dual-mono, and M/S modes for all types of mixing and mastering applications. It also includes a dry/wet control for parallel compression and the sidechain features a HPF, LPF, and fully configurable parametric filter with the option of using a hardware insert. For those looking to add some flavor to the signal, the Mastering Compressor can also add color with adjustable drive and THD function to add harmonic saturation. The range setting limits the max amount of gain reduction. If you are tracking a vocalist and want compression but don’t want to overdo it, you can set the range to limit the amount of compression. Other features include on-board peak/RMS detection and the backlit touchscreen displays a live representation of the compression curve. All your settings can be saved and recalled on-board or within your DAW. Fire up your session and pick up right where you left off!
BetterMaker Mastering Compressor Features
- Advanced analog VCA compressor with PEAK or RMS detection and switchable forward/backward feed
- All parameters are digitally controlled via front panel and/or DAW (with dedicated plugin)
- Stereo, dual-mono and mid/side operation modes with with solo and sidechain preview function
- Firmware expansion packs – configure the Compressor in your way!
- Famous BM, SG and DX modes
- Adjustable 15 – 30 Hz low pass filter at the input
- Dry/wet MIX control for parallel compression
- HPF, LPF and fully configurable parametric filter in sidechain with option of hardware insert
- Adjustable drive (for clipper) and THD function for harmonically rich sound
- Range Setting – limit the maximum amount of gain reduction!
- On-board measurement of PEAK/RMS levels
- On-screen live representation of the compression curve
- 100% analog audio signal path
- Total recall and A/B comparison
- Five inch capacitive touchscreen with backlight (Mastering Compressor), six encoders with push-button action for ease of control (Bus Compressor)
- USB connectivity with MAC/PC
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review