Manley Dual Mono Mirophone Preamp
The Manley Dual Mono Mirophone Preamp is a limited quantity production of the classic Dual Mono Microphone Preamplifiers - first introduced almost thirty years ago!
This special edition features custom faceplate & insert coloring and engraving, and ships with a signed Certificate of Authenticity and a letter from EveAnna Manley.
The MANLEY all-tube Dual Mono Microphone Preamplifier is primarily intended for use with modern capacitor (condenser) microphones. Now, 40 to 60 dBs of gain, enough for most ribbon mics, are selectable in precise 5dB steps by varying the amount of overall negative feedback on the GAIN switch. This is a very interesting feature indeed, allowing you to change the slew rate (speed), placement, and tonal balance of the sound from mellow and "tubey-er" through to faster, punchier and more aggressive. See "Notes on Variable Feedback" for more info.
Tube complement per channel: 1 x 12AX7EH hand-selected for lowest noise, and 1 x 6414 (or 12BH7) for each high-current output stage. Each unit is painstakingly hand wired using silver solder and audiophile-grade componentry. Double shielded custom-built power transformers and custom-built high capacity reservoir capacitors demonstrate our modern power supply design approach.
The front panel 1/4" DIRECT INPUT jack makes these preamplifiers serve double duty as a pure tube line stage for instruments such as bass, drum machines, and keyboards when you need to get your tunes through some tubes before hitting a sterile digital recorder. Total gain in this mode becomes 20dB less than indicated on the GAIN switch. Both transformer coupled balanced and direct (via humongous metalized film MultiCaps) capacitor coupled unbalanced outputs are provided giving you the choice of audiophile-purist or big iron sounds. Perennial shoot-out winners, our single-ended preamp designs have become favorites among top engineers and home recordists alike looking for "that rich Manley sound with the tight bass and the top end that goes on forever" which begs to go direct to tape.
Manley Dual Mono Mirophone Preamp Specifications
- Vacuum Tubes: 1 x 12AX7, 1 x 6414 (or 12BH7) per channel
- MIC GAIN (XLR input): 40 to 60 dB in five 5dB steps
- LINE GAIN (Direct Input): 20 to 40 dB in five 5dB steps
- Frequency Response: 10Hz-60KHz +/- 1dB
- Mic input PHASE REVERSE switch
- Mic Input Phantom Power 48V DV switch
- Input Impedance: 2400 Ohms, transformer coupled
- optimized for mics with 100 to 600 Ohm output impedances
- Hi-Z (100 kOhm) 1/4" DIRECT INPUT
- Noiseless conductive plastic INPUT attenuators
- THD: <0.05% @ 1kHz @ +4 dBv out
- S/N ratio: 80dB
- EIN: -125dB
- Output Impedance:
- Max. input (with input pad fully open): 450mV
- Max. output: +32 dBv (70 Volts RMS!)
- Max. output (into 600 Ohm load): +15dBm
- 2 x Transformer Coupled XLR Balanced Outputs
- 2 x Capacitor Coupled Unbalanced 1/4” Outputs
- AUTO MUTE w/ warm-up delay for power up/down
- Power consumption: 36 watts
- Operating mains voltage: Units are purpose built for original destination country's mains voltage: 100V, 120V, or 220-240VAC as indicated on the serial number badge. Power transformer must be replaced in order to change mains operating voltage. 120VAC units may NOT be rewired to put the primaries of the power transformer in series for 220-240V operation or a large radiated field of hum will develop. If changing locations/voltages, the power transformer must be replaced with the dedicated one for the voltage at which it will operate.
- Mains Voltage Frequency: 50~ 60Hz
- Dimensions: 19" x 1 3/4" x 10" (occupies 1u)
- Shipping Weight: 12 lbs.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review