The Josephson C617 Microphone Set is the second generation of Josephson's high voltage metal diaphragm omnidirectional microphone, suitable for the most critical sound recording and measurement applications. The Josephson C617 Microphone Set is supplied with a Microtech Gefell MK221 Capsule.
It operates from standard P48 phantom power yet provides full 200 volt polarize potential for a lab grade standard half inch microphone capsule. The dynamic range is dependent on the inherent noise of the microphone capsule and the limits of P48 phantom power. The Josephson cascode FET front end circuitry introduced in the C606 is further refined in the C617, combined with Josephson traditional balanced bipolar class-A symmetrical output stage.
For music recording, the Josephson balanced symmetrical circuitry together with a sub-micron thickness metal diaphragm capsule translate to the purest, most open sound possible. Pickup of sound pressure alone results in no proximity effect, very low sensitivity to wind noise, and phase accuracy that cannot be obtained with directional microphones. Spot-miking applications or overall stereo pickups using spaced pairs take on a new level of detail and precision not possible with other types. The small capsule size results in a nearly perfect omnidirectional pattern for accurate pickup of the whole acoustic environment.
Josephson C617 Microphone Set Specifications
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz 20 kHz ±1 dB
- Equivalent Noise Level: 14 dB SPL, A-weighted
- Sensitivity: 66 mV/Pa (-24 dB ref 1V/Pa)
- Maximum Output Level: +7dBV for <1% THD, 1kΩ load (127 dB SPL)
- Output Impedance: 50Ω (minimum load impedance 1kΩ)
- Power Requirements: P48 phantom per IEC 61938, <5 mA
- Temperature Range: -10 to +50°C
- Dimensions: 21mm dia, 176mm long (with capsule)
- Weight: 120g
Josephson C617 Microphone Set Includes
- C617 Microphone
- Microtech Gefell MK221 Capsule
- Mic Clip
- Zipper Pouch
- 5 Year Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review