JoeCo BlueBox 24MP 24-Track Recorder
The JoeCo BlueBox BBWR24MP Workstation Interface Recorder, based on JoeCos award-winning BlackBox Recorder technology, is a new concept in recording.
In a studio environment, the BBWR24MP can be used as a low latency audio interface device providing a full 24 channel interface at 24bit/96kHz both to and from a workstation simultaneously utilising the on-board recording function as a backup device. For Live work, the units in-built 24 high-quality mic preamps can be used as a stand-alone, live, multi-channel audio acquisition recorder using the low latency 24channel, 24bit, 96kHz workstation interface to a computer for backup recordings.
The 24 high-quality microphone preamps, operate at up to 24bit/96kHz, and offer the user comprehensive control parameters. The BBWR24MP features a range of connection options including individually switchable mic/line inputs and balanced outputs, with audio clocks locked to timecode, video, or word clock inputs. Microphones can either be connected to the unit via tails from the rear D-Sub connectors, or via an optional 2U breakout panel with XLR connectors. System components are available individually or as part of a bundle.
Local audio is recorded direct to external USB2/3 drive in Broadcast WAV format for instant ingest into a workstation. Alongside the BBWR24MPs multi-channel recording capabilities, provision is included for creating a simultaneous stereo mixdown. Full support for iXML data is also provided.
The BBWR24MP will run off a 12V power source. Unused channels and features can be disabled in order to preserve battery life on location. The unit is fully controllable via JoeCoControl on workstation itself or via JoeCoRemote for iPad. This includes the facility to set up individual mic pre channel parameters - level, mic/line, phantom power, hi-pass filter, soft limiter and phase reverse. Levels are displayed on high resolution meters.
The monitor mix can be adjusted in real time incorporating both local and workstation feeds giving the perfect mix for monitoring during recording. Expandable channel strips provide graphic faders, pan, solo, mute and other parameter controls.
The BBWR24MPs compact dimensions, high-quality mic preamps and converters make it a practical, elegant solution for a range of applications. Ideal for use in the studio, giving unprecedented access to your workstation for external summing mixer or full mixing board with multichannel record and overdub on workstation, as well as for live engineers needing a supremely portable multi-channel recording option.
JoeCo BlueBox 24MP 24-Track Recorder Features
- 24 high-quality integrated mic preamps (24bit/96kHz operation)
- Low latency interface to workstation running at up to 24ch / 24bit / 96kHz in both directions simultaneously
- Core Audio and Windows drivers available
- 24-channel local recording or playback at up to 24bit/96kHz
- Microphone connection via tails from DSub connectors, or optional 2U breakout panel with XLR connectors
- Remote control, monitoring and set-up via JoeCoControl window on workstation or JoeCoRemote for iPad
- Multiple connection options: switchable mic/line inputs, balanced outputs
- Records standard broadcast WAV files to an external USB2/3 drive. Captured audio material can be imported into any digital workstation for instant data recovery. No file transfer necessary
- Synchronisation options: audio clock can be locked to timecode, word clock, video or AES3 (S/PDIF)
- Simultaneous stereo mixdown during recording
- Supports storing iXML data in BWAV files
- Can run off 12V power source for location use
- SafenSound Record Recovery protects files in case of power or disk failure
JoeCo BlueBox 24MP 24-Track Recorder Specifications
- Inputs: 24
- Mic Preamps / line ins: 24 individually switchable
- Balanced Outputs: 24
- Headphone outputs: 2 stereo
- Audio clock synchronisation: Word clock, Video reference and SMPTE linear timecode (all std frame rates supported), AES/EBU or SPDIF clock
- Control: JoeCoRemote for full control; Sony 9-pin and MIDI (MMC) for transport controls
- Physical: 19 rack-mounted 1U (435x44x170mm) - >3kg Optional 19 rack-mounted 2U breakout panel (XLR) (475mm x 88mm x 35mm) 1kg
- Power: 12V dc (Kycon 4-pole connector), 35W max. External universal PSU included.
- Sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- Bit depth: 16 / 24bit
- Local Disk interface: USB2 (compatible with USB3)
- Local Disk format: FAT32 compatible with both Mac and PC
- Local File format: Broadcast WAV (BWAV)
- External drive: USB2/3 hard drive or fast memory stick
- File type: Standard mono Broadcast WAV or multi-channel WAV
- User interface: Primarily designed for use with the JoeCoRemote iPad app or workstation, the unit can also be configured directly from the front panel
- Workstation Interface: USB2 carrying up to 24 channels of 24bit 96kHz audio in both directions simultaneously
- Driver compatibility: Core Audio and Windows drivers
- Latency: Local foldback mix <10us;
- Latency: Workstation (depends on spec of computer and plug-ins) typically 6.9mS round trip
- Local Record/playback: Up to 24 channels @ up to 96kHz / 24 bit
- Inputs: Switchable microphone / line inputs on channel by channel basis
- Mic preamps:
- Gain: 0 - +60dB continuously variable;
- Soft limiter: software selectable on/off;
- Hi-pass filter: -6dB @ 100Hz, 12dB/octave
- Max input level: +21dBu
- EIN: <-124dBu (20-22kHz)
- THD: <-110dBFS (20-22kHz @ -10dBFS input)
- Cross talk rejection > 80dB @ 20kHz
- ZIN: >10kOhm (single ended); >2kOhm (differential)
- Outputs: Line level balanced outputs (+21dBu = 0dBFS)
- E-E: THD+N E-E: better than -90 dBFS (unity gain, 20 - 22kHz, unweighted) Frequency response: better than +/- 0.5dB, 20-40kHz @ 96kHz sampling
- Monitoring: Front-mounted ¼" TRS jack socket: stereo headphone mix, PFL, solo etc (Engineer); Rear-mounted ¼" jack socket for stereo headphone mix only (Artist); 24 line level outputs
JoeCo BlueBox 24MP 24-Track Recorder Includes
- JoeCo BlueBox 24MP 24-Track Recorder
- Universal Power Supply
JoeCo BlueBox 24MP 24-Track Recorder Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review