The Furman PL-PLUSC Power Conditioner offers superior protection and outstanding performance in a sturdy, rack-mountable design. Featuring Furman's revolutionary Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP), Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT), Extreme Voltage Shutdown (EVS) and an LED voltmeter, the PL-PLUSC is one of the world's most advanced and comprehensive transient voltage surge supressors.
The Furman PL-PLUSC Power Conditioner is the perfect choice for when you need Furman's revolutionary Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP), Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT), Extreme Voltage Shutdown (EVS) and a Segmented LED voltmeter, all together in one unit, along with their Smooth Track LED rack lights to illuminate the gear below as well as a convenience outlet on the front panel, bringing the total number of outlets on the Furman PL-PLUSC.
The Classic Series from Furman brings together superior protection and outstanding performance in a sturdy, rack-mountable design. The Classic Series features Furman's revolutionary Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP), Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT), and Extreme Voltage Shutdown (EVS). Together, these technologies comprise what is, without question, one of the world's most advanced and comprehensive transient voltage surge supressors.
The Furman PL-PLUSC features a 20-segment LED voltmeter that monitors and displays incoming line voltage and Smooth Track LED rack lights which produce virtually no heat and provide an extremely long lifespan. A dimmer control for the rack lights allows the user to adjust the level of illumination (by rotating clockwise/counterclockwise) or switch the lamps on and off (by pushing the knob in). A rear mounted BNC jack accepts any standard (12VAC 0.5 amp) gooseneck lamp for rear rack illumination.
The Furman PL-PLUSC is equipped with a front panel convenience AC outlet and eight rear panel outlets in two isolated banks. The outlets in Bank A are spaced to accommodate transformer plugs (wall warts). Since the banks are isolated from each other, it is recommended to connect analog equipment into Bank A and digital equipment into Bank B (or vice versa). The Furman PL-PLUSC's 15A (1800 watt) capacity is supplied from a robust 14 AWG, 10 foot AC cord.
Furman PL-PLUSC Power Conditioner Features
- LED Voltmeter - Segmented LED voltmeter monitors and displays incoming line voltage
- Surge Protection - Furman's exclusive SMP technology provides the highest level of surge & spike protection available
- Noise Filtration - LiFT offers AC power filtering to ensure clean power for unequaled audio & video clarity
- Voltage Protection - Advanced EVS circuitry detects dangerous voltage irregularities and safely powers down itself and connected equipment in unsafe conditions
- Pull-out Lights - Dual smooth track retractable LED lights illuminate equipment in your rack
- Isolated Banks - Isolated outlet banks minimize inter-component interference and noise contamination
- Wall Wart Spacing - Three widely spaced outlets accommodate bulky AC power transformers
- 15 AMP Rating - 15 Amp rating featuring a high inrush magnetic circuit breaker for added protection
- Nine Total Outlets - Nine total outlets (8 rear panel outlets and one front panel convenience outlet)
- BNC Lamp Connector - Rear panel BNC connector powers any standard gooseneck lamp for rear rack illumination
Furman PL-PLUSC Power Conditioner Applications
- Instrument Rigs - You've got a rack for your effects, preamps, tuner...You're going to plug that into the wall? One big spike and your rig is up in smoke. Furman's advanced Series Multi-Stage Protection defends your gear from the spikes and surges that are so common at gigs and practice spots. With Furman's advanced Linear Filtering Technology, you'll get a quieter tone without pops, crackles, and the local radio station coming out of your amp.
- Recording - Can't track down where that noise is coming from? Your mix sounding flat? With Furman's advanced Linear Filtering Technology you'll lower the noise floor caused by the dirty AC power coming into your console or DAW. Furman's advanced Series Multi-Stage Protection keeps your sensitive digital equipment from acting funny or burning up due to everyday spikes and surges. With a 15A capacity and eleven total outlets, it's enough to power your whole home studio.
- DJ Equipment - Bars, clubs and other event venues have some of the worst power out there - from air compressors turning on and off to light shows pulling current loads up and down, the AC power can be a strain on the circuits in your rig. Furman's advanced Series Multi-Stage Protection and LiFT keeps the bad stuff out and the dual pull-out front panel lights let you discreetly see your board and gear without distracting from the show on the dance floor.
- Pro Audio - When you're out there gigging, you never know what kind of power you're going to get. The wear and tear on mobile rigs eventually takes it toll - that's why it's smart to plug into Furman's advanced Linear Filtering Technology. It keeps your equipment safe and sounding clean. Whether you're setting up a show at the local club or powering up the church band for their next service, make sure you give them power they can trust.
Furman PL-PLUSC Power Conditioner Specifications
- Maximum Output Current: 15 amps
- Line Cord: Captive 3/14 AWG, 10 ft. black cord with NEMA 15 plug
- Pull-out Lights: Two multi-LED, dimmable lamps
- BNC Socket w/Switch: Rear rack lamp, 12VAC 500MA maxx (lamp not included)
- Operating Voltage: 90 to 139 VAC
- Spike Protection Mode: Line to neutral, zero ground leakage
- Spike Clamping Voltage: 188 VAC peak @ 3,000 Amps
- Response Time: 1 nanosecond
- Maximum Surge Current: 6,500 Amps
- Noise Attenuation: 10 dB @ 10 kHz, 40 dB @ 100 kHz, 50 dB @ 500 kHz
- Dimensions: 19" W x 10.5" D x 1.75" H
- Weight: 12 lbs.
- Power Consumption: 12 watts
- Safety Listing: cTUVus
Furman PL-PLUSC Power Conditioner Includes
- Furman PL-PLUSC Power Conditioner
- User Manual
- 5 Years Warranty
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is a great unit; I've had one for years without any trouble. It faithfully tells me how much voltage is coming out of the wall. However, I wish I had purchased the model with an ammeter built in, so I could see how close to 15 amps I'm pulling (how close to blowing a circuit I am) when I have all my guys' amps and the PA running off this unit. The rear light is a nice option too for setup / breakdown.