Furman M-8LX Power Conditioner
The Furman M-8LX Power Conditioner is the perfect low-cost AC power solution for any rack mount system. With true excellent surge protection and RFI / EMI AC noise filtration, the M-8LX also features two retractable incandescent light fixtures with dimmer control for convenient rack illumination.
The Furman M-8LX Power Conditioner provides 9 switched outlets for powering equipment. It not only protects anything plugged into it from spikes and surges, but also has a built in AC noise filter to rid the system of RFI/EMI interference. This allows equipment to function better and last longer.
Install the Furman M-8LX Power Conditioner in to the top slot of your rack, and the eight switched outlets in the rear panel will power up and protect all your equipment up to a 15-amp load.
The Furman M-8LX is a Merit Series Power Conditioner, the perfect low-cost AC power solution for any rack mount system. In addition to the features of the Furman M-8X2, the Furman M-8LX Power Conditioner also features incandescent rack lights and increased AC filtering. A dimmer control for the rack lights allows the user to adjust the level of illumination.
Furman M-8LX Power Conditioner Features
- Front Panel Pull-out Lights: Two retractable incandescent light fixtures with dimmer control for convenient rack illumination
- Noise Filtration: AC noise filtering to reduce radio frequency and electromagnetic interference (RFI/EMI)
- Surge Protection: Spike & surge protection ensures equipment stays safe and your power stays clean
- 9 Total Outlets: 8 rear panel outlets and 1 front panel outlet
- 15 Amp Rating: 15 amp rating, with circuit breaker
- "Protection OK" Indicator: Front panel indicator LED lets you know that your equipment is being protected
- Wall Wart Spacing Indicator: Rear outlets have been spaced to accommodate even the bulkiest of wall warts and adapters
Furman M-8LX Power Conditioner Applications
- Instrument Rigs - You've got a rack for your effects, preamps, tuner...You're going to plug that into the wall? One big spike and your rig is up in smoke. Furman's standard level surge/spike protection defends your gear from the spikes and surges that are so common at gigs and practice spots. With Furman's standard level RFI/EMI filtration, you'll get a quieter tone without pops, crackles, and the local radio station coming out of your amp.
- Recording - Can't track down where that noise is coming from? Your mix sounding flat? With Furman's standard level RFI/EMI filtration you'll lower the noise floor caused by the dirty AC power coming into your console or DAW. Furman's standard level surge and spike protection keeps your sensitive digital equipment from acting funny or burning up due to everyday spikes and surges. With a 15A capacity and nine total outlets, it's enough to power your whole home studio.
- DJ Equipment - Bars, clubs and other event venues have some of the worst power out there - from air compressors turning on and off to light shows pulling current loads up and down, the AC power can be a strain on the circuits in your rig. Furman's standard level protection and filtration keeps the bad stuff out.
- Pro Audio - When you're out there gigging, you never know what kind of power you're going to get. The wear and tear on mobile rigs eventually takes it toll - that's why it's smart to plug into Furman's standard level protection and RFI/EMI filtration. It keeps your equipment safe and sounding clean. Whether you're setting up a show at the local club or powering up the church band for their next service, make sure you give them power they can trust.
Furman M-8LX Power Conditioner Specifications
- Maximum Output Current: 15 amps
- Line Cord: 6 ft., captive, 14 AWG, with 3-conductor Edison plug
- Operating Voltage: 120VAC 60Hz
- Spike Protection Mode: Line to neutral
- Energy Dissipation: 170 joules
- Peak Impulse Current: 12,000 Amps
- Maximum Continuous Opterating Voltage: 130 VAC RMS
- Let Through Voltage (@ 125 amps, 8/20uS waveform): 400 volts
- Noise Attenuation: Transverse mode: Greater than 23dB, 200Khz to 10 Mhz
- Dimensions: 1.75" H x 19" W x 7.5" D
- Weight: 5.5 lbs.
- Safety Agency Listing: cTUVus
Furman M-8LX Power Conditioner Includes
- Furman M-8LX Power Conditioner
- User Manual
- 3 Years Warranty
Furman M-8LX Power Conditioner Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I just recieved my Furman M-8Lx Power Conditioner a day before I embarked on a 10 day session producing a record for a band. We were recording in a remote location and I wanted to make sure I had good clean power that would protect my equipment. I am extremely happy with this unit and would recommend it to any serious engineer. Thanks Front End Audio.