Furman P-1800 PFR Power Conditoner
The Furman P-1800 PFR Power Conditoner offers a stable, protected and filtered low impedance powered supply for maximum performance of connected electronics. Engineered specifically for use with instrument amplifiers and other high-current equipment, the P-1800 PFR presents uncompromised protection and purification.
The Furman P-1800 PFR Power Conditoner features Furmans revolutionary Clear Tone Technology, transient Power Factor Technology, Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP) circuit, and the exclusive Ultra-Wide-Bandwidth Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT).
The Furman's exclusive Power Factor provides a 45A peak current reservoir to minimize the detrimental effects of line impedance on high-current gear such as amplifiers and powered monitors. Clear Tone Technology provides additional line noise filtration tuned for instrument amplifiers for clean and consistent tone. Plus, equipment benefits from professional-level protection thanks to Furman's exclusive SMP and EVS technologies.
Power Factor Technology
Your amp needs a lot of power to sound its best. If youre plugging into the wall, theres a good chance your amp is not going to get the current it needs when pushed. Furmans exclusive Power Factor Technology provides a 45A peak current reservoir to give your amp the headroom it needs to operate at maximum efficiency. No matter what venue or club, or how close or far away from the power panel, Furmans Power Factor Technology keeps your instrument amplifiers tone consistent and sounding its best.
Clear Tone Technology
Clear Tone Technology works in unison with Power Factor Technology and Linear Filtering Technology to add an additional layer of AC noise filtration specifically engineered for instrument amplifiers. Clear Tone Technology provides tuned circuits that unveil instrument tone, harmonics, and clarity, resulting in a fuller sound and improved dynamic response.
Furman P-1800 PFR Power Conditoner Features
- Power Factor Technology - Power Factor Technology supplies 45+ amps of instantaneous reserve current, on demand, for power starved amplifiers.
- Surge Protection - Furmans exclusive SMP technology provides the highest level of surge & spike protection available.
- Noise Filtration - LiFT offers AC power filtering to ensure clean power for unequaled audio & video clarity.
- Voltage Protection - Advanced EVS circuitry detects dangerous voltage irregularities and safely powers down itself and connected equipment in unsafe conditions.
- Diagnostic Lights - LED status indicators warn you when voltage is outside of nominal range or when protection has been compromised.
- Isolated Banks - Isolated outlet banks minimize inter-component interference and noise contamination.
- Clear Tone Technology - Clear Tone Technology provides tuned filtering circuits engineered for instrument amplifiers to provide a clean and consistent tone.
- Voltmeter - Large digital voltmeter with discrete dimmer button displays incoming line voltage.
- Wall Wart Spacing - Three widely spaced outlets accommodate bulky AC power transformers.
- 15 AMP Rating - 15 Amp rating featuring a high inrush magnetic circuit breaker for added protection.
- Nine Total Outlets - Nine total outlets (8 rear panel outlets and one front panel convenience outlet).
- BNC Lamp Connector - Rear panel BNC connector powers any standard gooseneck lamp for rear rack illumination.
- USB Charger - Front panel USB convenience outlets allows you to charge most media devices or power a USB lamp.
Furman P-1800 PFR Power Conditoner Specifications
- Maximum Current: 15 amps @ 124 Volts
- Line Cord: Captive 3/14 AWG, 10 ft. black cord with NEMA 15 plug
- BNC Socket w/Switch: 12VAC 500MA maxx (lamp not included)
- Operating Voltage: 90 to 139 VAC
- Over-Voltage Shutdown: 140 VAC Nominal
- Spike Protection Mode: Line to neutral, zero ground leakage
- Spike Clamping Voltage: 188 VAC peak @ 3,000 Amps
- Response Time: 1 nanosecond
- Maximum Surge Current: 6,500 Amps
- Noise Attenuation: 30 dB @ 2 kHz, 40 dB @ 10 kHz, 50 dB @ 20 kHz, 70 dB @ 100 kHz
- Power Consumption: 8 Watts
- Reactive Power: 460 VA
- Dimensions: 19 W x 12 D x 1.75 H
- Weight: 13 lbs.
Furman P-1800 PFR Power Conditoner Includes
- P-1800 PFR Power Conditoner
- Power Cord
- 5 Years Warranty
Furman P-1800 PFR Power Conditoner Downloads
- Furman P-1800 PFR Power Conditoner Owners Manual (PDF)
- Furman P-1800 PFR Power Conditoner Data Sheet (PDF)
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This unit is rocksolid! It helped me kill (or at least greatly attenuate) some dirty powerline noise I was getting (audible through my monitors). Useful features include the front-facing power port and USB charger (though the USB port doesn't provide enough juice for those power-hungry iPads...).
Two bank of isolated power sockets are useful for keeping interference between gear to a minimum, as is the large power reserve for the high current power sockets.
This unit has been keeping my gear stable and happy despite my building's unstable voltage levels (usually between 4% and 7.5% above nominal).