The Furman F1500-UPS Voltage Regulator is an uninterruptible power supply voltage regulator designed exclusively for audio/video professionals and home theater aficionados. With zero ground contamination surge suppression technology and extreme voltage shutdown, the F1500-UPS truly optimizes protection, performance, and control for today's audio video components.
For decades, traditional audio/video components were simple analog devices designed to easily weather power outages of well over two seconds. Later, as computer and microprocessor based components gained in popularity, their extraordinary sensitivity to even a fraction of a second's power loss was managed with traditional UPS (uninterruptible power supply) technology. Unfortunately, these units were solely designed for the I.T. professional. Though they included many technologies and features appropriate to that application, they fell short for premium audio/video components. Though many of these manufacturers later recognized the ever-emerging professional audio/video, broadcast, and home theater market, their lack of experience led merely to a re-tooled chassis. These hastily produced UPS devices lacked the technologies necessary to truly optimize protection, performance, and control for today's audio video components.
The Furman F1500-UPS more than fills this void, and offers your system unparalleled battery back-up technology, created from the ground up to meet the exacting demands of the world's most sensitive audio, video and control systems!
Typical UPS systems feature antiquated surge suppression technologies that can cause as much damage and annoying lock-ups as they attempt to prevent. Only Furman offers battery back-up with our road-proven SMP non-sacrificial, zero ground contamination surge suppression technology and EVS Extreme Voltage Shutdown. After all, the most robust battery cannot function if the accompanying circuits are damaged. With the Furman F1500-UPS, you can expect years of trouble free operation.
Though many control devices are relatively immune to moderate levels of AC line noise, today's more sensitive devices (such as DLP projectors and line-level signal processors) certainly are not. High-definition technologies have pushed resolution to levels so extreme that virtually any AC noise capable of coupling with your system's signal will distort, mask, or destroy the performance advantages all strive so hard to capture and reproduce. Once again, the Furman F1500-UPS is different. While other UPS devices feature AC line filters suitable for an IT closet, only Furman employs their exclusive Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT) to four discrete isolated outlet banks. This advanced noise filtering technology assures that today's ultra-wide dynamic range is maintained as it must be pristine. Remember, less AC noise equals greater content, greater resolution, and higher definition.
True Sine Wave Output
The Furman F1500-UPS provides True Sine Wave output when in battery backup mode, ensuring the utmost reliability to all connected equipment while running on battery power.
At 1500VA, the Furman F1500-UPS provides substantial backup time for most critical digital A/V components (see runtime chart). If more runtime is needed, 1500VA battery packs (BATT1500E-EXT) may be daisy chained to double, triple, and further increase runtime as the application demands.
Programmability & Control
Audio/video systems can vary greatly in their size and components, and as such, flexibility is needed in determining how a battery backup solution should function under different circumstances. Because of this, Furman has provided open source RS-232 control over four independent AC outlet banks, with a wide range of features to interface with an existing control unit. Dual programmable IR control allows the unit to send a shut down command to remote components in the event of a blackout no more expensive projector bulbs to replace in the event of a blackout. Optional TCP/IP control (separate interface card, available Q4), offers remote control over any Internet connection via a truly plug-and-play, hosted, web-based graphical user interface, with full remote control and power monitoring functionality. As with any battery back up system, the battery pack must be replaced periodically (2.5 to 3 years typically)
Furman F1500-UPS Voltage Regulator Features
- Surge Protection - Furman's exclusive SMP technology provides the highest level of surge & spike protection available.
- Noise Filtration - LiFT offers AC power filtering to ensure clean power for unequaled audio & video clarity.
- Voltage Protection - Advanced EVS circuitry detects dangerous voltage irregularities and safely powers down itself and connected equipment in unsafe conditions.
- Diagnostic Indicators - Digital indicators provide information on power quality and operational status of unit.
- Battery Backup - 1500VA true sine wave battery backup protects your data in a power failure allowing the opportunity to save your applications, programs, and shut-down the system gracefully.
- Critical Load Management - Critical Load Management prioritizes the allocation of temporary power to connected equipment.
- Infrared Control - Dual Learning IR Blasters allow safe shutdown of remote components.
- BlueBOLT® Compatible - BlueBOLT® TCP/IP interface provides remote control to reboot components, power equipment on or off, and monitor power quality from anywhere in the world.
- Custom Programming - Custom programming provides control of unit via RS-232 card (included) or optional TCP/IP interface card (sold separately)
- 12 AMP Rating - 12 Amp rating featuring a circuit breaker for added protection.
- Eight Total Outlets - Eight total outlets rear outlets in isolated banks (Critical and Non-Critical loads).
- Standard Voltage Regulation - Standard level automatic voltage regulation (AVR) delivers a stable 120 volts of AC power to protect equipment from problems caused by AC line voltage irregularities .
- Power Control Software - Easy to use power control software assists you in maximizing the performance of your UPS.
- Optional Battery Extension Pack - External battery packs (Furman BATT1500-EXT sold separately) are available and may be daisy-chained to the F1500-UPS increase battery capacity.
Furman F1500-UPS Voltage Regulator Specifications
- Voltage: 85 - 137 VAC
- Frequency: 57 - 63 Hz
- AC Power:
- Surge Protection: Non-sacrifical SMP (Series Multi-Stage Protection)
- Current Rating: 12 A
- Over-voltage Shutoff, fast rise: 150 ± 5V
- Over-voltage Shutoff, slow rise: 140 ± 5V
- Noise Attenuation: 10 dB @ 10kHz, 40 dB @ 100 kHz, 50 dB @ 500kHz
- Linear Attenuation: From 0.05 - 100 Ohms line impedance
- Automatic Voltage Regulation, Sensitive Mode Capture Range: 96 - 135V
- Automatic Voltage Regulation, Sensitive Mode Output Range: 120V ± 5%
- Automatic Voltage Regulation, Standard Mode Capture Range: 93 - 142V
- Automatic Voltage Regulation, Standard Mode Output Range: 120V ± 10%
- UPS Output:
- Voltage: 120 ± 5V True Sine Wave
- Frequency: 60 Hz ± 1%
- UPS Output Capacity: 1500VA, 900W @ 0.6pf
- UPS Backup Time: 12 minutes at full-load, 32 minutes half-load
- Transfer Time: < 4ms
- Size: 17 W (19 w/ rack ears) x 19.2 D x 3.5 H
- Weight: 72 lbs.
Furman F1500-UPS Voltage Regulator Includes
- F1500-UPS Voltage Regulator
- Captive Power Cord
- DB 9 Serial Cable
- Rack Mounting Kit
- Power Control Software CD
- USB Cord
- 3 Years Warranty
What We Think
"The Furman F1500-UPS Uninterruptible Power Supply Voltage Regulator finally offers a serious professional solution for protecting audio data at the DAW level while also offering the protection, voltage regulation, and power conditioning / noise-removal that Furman has been relied on time and time again to provide to professionals everywhere.
For years, the brands pushed by 'big-box-stores' were just about all we had to go to for some measure of protection to still be up and running when an unexpected power outage hit. The trouble is that many of those units caused more problems than they solved. Since they were never optimized for use in a professional audio environment, what those battery backups did in regards to putting power-noise into it's outputs, translated to noise captured in the recordings. I can testify from firsthand experience that I had no shortage of test material for restoration plug-ins due to a consumer-grade (albeit, an expensive one for the time) battery backup (UPS) that I had not diagnosed as the true culprit of my woes.
Now with the Furman F1500-UPS, all of the features that were present in Furman's SMP line of conditioners, are integrated into an Uninteruptable Power Supply. Plus, it's regulating voltage and putting out a pure 60Hz sine wave. See if any big-box-brand is doing THAT. Didn't think so. Go Furman! Give your gear the power it deserves!"