Crimson Audio Blue SM57/SM58 Modification
The Crimson Audio Blue SM57/SM58 Modification builds on the popular White transformerless Shure modification, but expands on it, by tailoring the character for vocal applications. The Blue.sm also includes a modified Crimson Mogaine circuit to defeat the normal loss of output that occurs when you remove the transformer!
The Crimson Audio Blue SM57/SM58 builds upon the transformerless Shure SM57 modification, expanding on what the White.SM Mod started. The White.SM eliminated the hassle and mess of the transformerless mod, as well as solved the output loss problem. Now the Blue.sm steps in and takes the transformerless mod a bit further. It Blue.SM does this with a tweaked circuit that tailors the character to improve performance in vocal applications. This cool design provides more cut when used with an SM58 cartridge, and more silky smoothness when used with an SM57 cartridge.
Like the White.sm, the Blue.SM solves the problem of loss in output you get from the transformerless mod. Again achieved by providing a scaled down version of their awesome Mogaine pre-preamp device, built into the handle. So you get all the good from the mod (now tweaked for vocals), and none of the bad!
And, once again - Front End Audio has gone the extra mile to make this an al la carte that is super simple.
1) Pick your Shure mod
2) Pick your cartridge (if you are not installing on a preexisting mic)
3) Install the mod (or build it, if building from scratch)
3.5) Let us install the mod for you (if you don't want to install it yourself).
Don't know how to install the mod, or simply don't want to? Let us do it! For a small service fee, we will QC the parts, assemble the mic, QC the finished mic, and get it on the way to you - so you can just rock and roll right out of the box.
Call 888-228-4530 or email us at email@example.com with any questions you might have.
Crimson Audio Blue SM57/SM58 Modification Features
- Made it the USA
- Transformerless active-circuit modification tailored for vocal applications
- Requires +48 Volt Phantom Power (99.9999% of mixers and mic preamps have it).
- Built-in (scaled down) Mogaine Circuit eliminates the loss of gain
- Requires basic soldering skills to install
- Coded XLR connector for easy identification
- Laser etched Crimson logo on handle
Crimson Audio Blue SM57/SM58 Modification Includes
- Crimson Audio Blue Handle
- Installation guide
- 1 Year Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review