Crane Song Solaris DA Convertor
The Crane Song Solaris is a 2-Channel DA Converter, designed by Dave Hill. Centered around a 32-bit converter that up-samples to 211kHz for jitter reduction, the Solaris is a DAC with unsurpassed imaging and transient response.
The Crane Song Solaris DA Convertor's reference clock has less than 1ps (picosecond) jitter and employs a proprietary re-construction filter for accurate time domain response. The jitter measured for the clock, between the Crane Song's auditory spectrum of 10Hz - 20kHz, is typically around 0.045ps (44fs, femtoseconds)! Be prepared for your ears to be amazed. This Crane Song’s 5th generation Quantum DAC will deliver a solid stereo image with defined low frequencies and a crystal clear high end.
Crane Song Solaris DA Convertor Features
- Inputs (AES, SPDIF, Optical, USB sample rates up to 192K)
- Outputs (Main output has discrete output amplifiers with a stepped attenuator, the max output is +24dbu)
- The secondary output, also balanced has a max fixed output of +18dbu, balanced
- The Headphone Amplifier has its own stepped attenuator
- Mute (Cuts off the main outputs and Solaris powers up muted)
- The Function display is done with an LCD showing, the source, gains, and the sample rate. It also has level meters
- The Quantum DAC is the 5th generation design from Crane Song
- The Quantum DAC uses 32 bit converters and ASRC for jitter reduction up sampling to 211KHz
- The reference clock has less then 1pS and a proprietary reconstruction filter for accurate time domain response
- The clock's jitter measured from 10Hz to 20KHz is typically 0.045pS
Crane Song Solaris DA Convertor Specifications
- Cross Talk: Measured Main Output, Gain Set to 0; 1 kHZ -122 dB, 10 kHz -100 dB
- THD + Noise Main Output:
- Input 0 dBFS
- Gain Set to -6 dB 0.0005%
- Input -6 dBFS 0.0003%
- Main Output Max Level: +24 dBu
- Fixed Output Max Level: +18 dBu
- Noise Main Output:
- Gain =0 -93 dBu, A-Weighted
- Gain =0 -90 dBu AES17
- Gain = 0
- Noise -88 dBu , AES17
- Max Output +24 dBu
- Power: 110V, 120V, 220V & 240V; 50-60 Hz; 21 Watts
- Fuse Types: GMD 315mA for 110V to 120V, GMD 200mA for 220V to 240V
Crane Song Solaris DA Convertor Includes
- Crane Song Solaris DA Convertor
- Power Cable
- User Manual
Crane Song Solaris DA Convertor Downloads
- Crane Song Solaris DA Convertor Owners Manual (PDF)
- Crane Song Solaris DA Convertor Spec Sheet (PDF)
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Wow… Just wow…..
A/B ing the Solaris against decent CD converters and can’t stop listening to tracks. It doesn’t whack you over the head with the improvements if you have a good monitoring and room treatment, but the last bit of clarity is pretty stunning and completely addictive.
The high end extension is nuts, pinpoint stereo separation, soundstage depth is huge, and all the detail of the reverb and delay tails are magical.
Brilliantly designed and worth the build time wait.