The Crane Song Interstellar AD Converter is a stereo AD converter that features the sub Pico second clocking technology of their Quantum converter. This provides the lowest jitter in pro audio that is known. The Interstellar provides unparalleled accuracy and DSP based tonal saturation for a converter that is flexible and impressive.
The Crane Song Interstellar complement’s Crane Song’s Solaris DA Converter and can work as a bi-directional USB audio interface when connecting to a DAC (Solaris included) via S/PDIF. In USB mode, the computer will set the sample rate of the Word Clock output while in standalone mode, the clock is set by the front panel controls. Crane Song’s Quantum technology provides extremely accurate sub-picosecond jitter rejection which translates in superior imaging, depth of sound and detailed transient response. Three DSP-based harmonic saturation controls offering a choice between Triode and Pentode Tubes as well as Tape saturation adding analogue flavor if required. For best sonic and low jitter results use Interstellar as the master clock in your set up. A warm up period of 1/2 hour to 45 minutes will give best results.
Crane Song Interstellar AD Converter Features
- Standalone Stereo AD converter
- Quantum AD conversion technology
- Triode, Pentode and Tape DSP harmonic distortion
- Wordclock Output
- AES, SPDIF, Optical, USB output sources
- 32-bit/192kHz operation
- 16-bit dithering
- Made in U.S.A
Crane Song Interstellar AD Converter Specifications
- Analog Input: Transformerless balanced stereo input on XLR-fm connectors. The default calibration is +20 dBu = Digital zero.
- Gain adjust trims: are on the back panel. The analog input range for 0 dbfs is adjustable form +16 to +26 dBu
- Word Clock Outputs: these 8 BNC connectors are a TTL level square wave that can be used to provide sync to other equipment. The WC outputs will be at the selected sample
- Internal Sample Rate: 44.1KHz to 192KHz determined by front panel switch or the USB daw setting
- S/PDIF Output: Unbalanced digital output 75 ohms RCA connector
- AES Output: Balanced digital output 110 ohms XLR connector
- Optical Out: this is the toslink format, stereo.
- Power: 25 watts at 115 or 230 volts, 50 or 60 Hz.
- Fuse size is MDL .3A for 115 volts; MDL .25A for 230 volts
- Pilot Lamp: #7335 lamp
- Shipping Weight : 15lbs (6.7kg)
Crane Song Interstellar AD Converter Includes
- Interstellar AD Converter
- Power Cable
- Manual and Warranty Information (available online in PDF)
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
InterstellarMar 15th 2023
Outstanding!!! I also have Crane Song Spider & HEDD, and just got the Interstellar. Clocking everything to this device has made the biggest perceivable difference EVER in my system. And the A to D conversion is outstanding! Better than my Prism, Burl & Avid in my humble opinion. Highly recommend! (although i would like to keep it as my secret weapon:)