The Crane Song HEDD Quantum Convertor provides musically pleasing sound with the capability of generating tube/analog sounds within the digital domain. With a new clocking crystal for lowest possible value of jitter, the HEDD Quantum delivers an extremely accurate imaging, a very open 3D sound and detailed transient response.
The Crane Song HEDD Quantum Convertor features Quantum clocking which is the same sub pico second jitter clocking that is used in the Avocet IIA DAC. In the Crane Song HEDD Quantum, the sub ps jitter clocking is applied to both the AD and the DA. The result is very good imaging, a very open 3d sound, and very detailed transit response, it is very accurate. Optical in and out have been added, toslink.
HEDD Quantum as A Master Clock
There are 6 new WC outputs that allow the Crane Song HEDD Quantum to be used as a master clock at the same time that the AD and DA are being used. In addition to the new AD, DA, Clocking, I/O and WC outputs. The Crane Song HEDD Quantum still has the same great DSP emulation of Triode, Pentode tubes and Tape emulation. Operational modes allow the DA and the AD to be used at the same time, at different sample rates. In the DIGI setting the unit will run digital in from one of three sources and output on all three digital outputs and the analog output at the same time. In the ANA mode the input is analog and it outputs on all three digital outputs and the analog output at the same time. Dither, which is analog generated, is selectable for 16 or 20 bit. The AD, DA and ASRC chips are the high end AKM 32 bit parts, coupled with proprietary analog filtering and clocking.
Crane Song HEDD Quantum Convertor Features
- 1U 24/192 AD, DA, and WC with 6 outputs
- Quantum clocking is the same sub pico second jitter clocking that is used in the Avocet IIA DAC
- Toslink Optical in and out
- DSP emulation of Triode, Pentode tubes and Tape emulation
- 16 or 20 bit Dither
Crane Song HEDD Quantum Convertor Specifications
- Analog Output: Transformerless Balanced Floating Stereo Output on XLR-M Connectors. The Default Calibration is +20 dBu = Digital Zero. Gain Adjust Trims are on the Back Panel. The Maximun Analog Output is +24.5 dBu
- Analog Input: Transformerless Balanced Floating Stereo Output on XLR-M Connectors. The Default Calibration is +20 dBu = Digital Zero. Gain Adjust Trims are on the Back Panel. The Analog Input Range for 0 dBfs is Adjustable form +16 to +26 dBu
- Word Clock Input: BNC Connector Takes a TTL Level Signal at the Sample Rate to Sync the A\D to the External Sample Rate. HEDD will sync from 20 kHz to 192kHz.
- Input Impedance: 75 Ohms
- Word Clock Outputs: BNC Connectors are a TTL Level Square Wave that Can be Used to Provide Sync to Other Equipment. The WC Outputs Will be at the Selected Sample Rate or the Rate of the WC Input
- Internal Sample Rate: 44.1kHz to 192kHz Determined by Front Panel Switch
- S/PDIF Input: Unbalanced Digital Input 75 Ohms RCA Connector
- S/PDIF Output: Unbalanced Digital Output 75 Ohms RCA Connector
- AES Input: Balanced Digital Input 110 Ohms XLR Connector
- AES Output: Balanced Digital Output 110 Ohms XLR Connector
- Optical In/Out: Toslink Format
- Power: 25 Watts at 115 or 230 volts, 50 or 60 Hz
- Fuse Size: MDL .3A for 115 Volts; MDL .25A for 230 Volts
- Pilot Lamp: 7335 Lamp
- Shipping Weight: 15 Lbs. (6.7 kg)
- Depth Behind Panel: 10 Inches (25.4 cm) Plus User Input/Output Connectors
Crane Song HEDD Quantum Convertor Includes
- Crane Song HEDD Quantum Convertor
- Power Cable
- Manufacturer Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review