Blue Microphones Bottle Multi-Pattern Tube Microphone
The Blue Microphones Bottle Multi-Pattern Tube Microphone is the Blue's Flagship tube microphone featuring interchangeable capsules for total versatility. The highest achievement in microphone innovation, the Bottle Multi-Pattern Tube Mic is an unmatched studio solution for recording any sound source.
The Blue Microphones Bottle stands alongside the most iconic recording mics of the 20th century, adding a much-welcomed new voice to a traditional tone palette that had remained largely unchanged for decades. It's an artisanal blend that combines the best of both modern and vintage electronics with the soul and character of legendary microphones to deliver a unique voice of its own. A system of nine interchangeable mic capsules offer unique pickup patterns and tone personalities.
An Entire Mic Locker in One
The Blue Microphones Bottle isn't just a microphone - it's a complete microphone system that features nine interchangeable mic capsules. Each of these nine Bottle Caps delivers a distinct pickup pattern and tonal characteristic to suit any instrument, vocalist, ensemble, or recording style. The Blue Microphones Bottle's simple bayonet-mount lets you swap between capsules effortlessly - without turning off the power supply - so you can experiment with new sounds or layer tracks for lush sonic textures, instantly. No warm-up. No downtime. Just pure, uninterrupted performance so you can stay in the creative flow of your session.
With its impressive size and nostalgic resemblance to the earliest European tube microphones, the Blue Microphones Bottle radiates a gravitas that inspires once-in-a-lifetime performances. Like the mics of yesteryear, the Blue Microphones Bottle body isn't just for looks, but also holds a small fortune in precision electronics. The Blue Microphones Bottle's internal circuitry is thoroughly modern, with a fully discrete Class A tube circuit powered by a hand-selected EF86 pentode vacuum tube in triode mode for distinctive warmth and saturation. The hand-wound transformermade of silver wire around nickel plates - delivers precision and accuracy due to the high conductivity that silver offers. The Blue Microphones Bottle utilizes electronic components of tthe highest quality (such as expensive metal-film resistors), with absolutely zero pad or low-cut filter switches in the microphone circuit. In short, this is a signal path of the highest possible quality, allowing you to get the maximum benefit out of the unprecedented capsule selection Blue Microphones have created.
And to Cap it Off...
Every Blue Microphones Bottle microphone comes with our signature B6 large-diaphragm dual-backplate cardioid capsule. B6 holds the honored title of the "Blue Standard" and delivers larger than life sound with enhanced lows and extended high frequency response. It's the ideal capsule for recording lead and background vocals, percussion, and guitars - all with detailed sonic dimension and character. And when you want to modify the tone and sonic signature of your Blue Microphones Bottle, just swap the B6 for one of the interchangeable Bottle Caps to achieve any sound imaginable.
Power Stream Power Supply
The Power Stream is more than a precision-engineered power supply that delivers clean, extremely consistent power to the Blue Microphones Bottle. It's also an innovative and creative tool for fine-tuning the Blue Microphones Bottle's sound. Both the heater and the plate voltages are ultra-stable and non-dependent on AC changes of fluctuations. For AC rectification, the Power Stream uses only high-frequency diodes to obtain the purest DC possible. And most importantly, the plate voltage supply is of low impedance, which improves sonics and clarity. All the potentiometer switches on the Power Stream are discrete military grade with enclosed contacts.
Power Stream Sensitivity Knob - Fine-Tune Your Capsule Performance
The Power Stream offers a nine-step sensitivity knob that allows you to determine precisely the right polarization voltage to achieve your desired sound. Rotate the switch counter-clockwise to tame an edgy sound source. Or rotate clockwise to increase the sensitivity and drive the capsule harder to add vibrancy and richness to quieter performers. Each of the Blue Microphones Bottle Caps respond differently to the various sensitivity settings, so when combined, the Blue Microphones Bottle takes on a nearly infinite sonic palette. With a range of minus 6dB to plus 4dB of sensitivity, the 9 positions offer an opportunity to dial in the sweet spot and customize the sound of the Blue Microphones Bottle to perfectly capture the unique sonics and character of your vocalist or instrument.
The Legacy Starts Here
The Blue Microphones Bottle's release announced a new standard for pro-audio design innovation and performance - the Blue standard. Now the world's most elite studios and top artists rely on Blue microphones to craft and memorialize their iconic sounds. The Blue Microphones Bottle is designed and hand-built in the USA, and delivers our heritage for superior studio-grade audio and inspiring design. Define your sound with the mic that changed everything - The Blue Microphones Bottle.
Blue Microphones Bottle Multi-Pattern Tube Microphone Features
- Fully discrete Class A tube circuit with EF86 vacuum tube
- Infinite tonal variation with interchangeable Bottle Caps
- Included B6 Bottle Cap provides larger-than-life vocal and instrument sound
- Quick-change bayonet capsule mount
- Power Stream Tube Mic power supply with variable capsule sensitivity dial
- Blue velvet-lined ATA flight case for secure portability
Blue Microphones Bottle Multi-Pattern Tube Microphone Specifications
- Transducer Type: Vacuum Tube Condenser
- Polar Patterns: Various (Capsule-dependent)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 20.0 mV/Pa at 1kHz (1Pa = 94dB SPL) w/B6 Capsule
- Output Impedance: 200O
- Rated Load Impedance: Not less than 1kO
- Maximum SPL: 134 dB SPL (2.5kO, 0.5% THD) w/B6 Capsule
- S/N Ratio: 56.5 dB-A (IEC 651) w/B6 Capsule
- Noise Level: 7.5 dB-A (IEC 651) w/B6 Capsule
- Dynamic Range: 126.5dB (@2.5kO) w/B6 Capsule
- Power Requirement: Bottle Power Supple Unit 115/230 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Weight: 1700g
- Dimensions: 390mm x 90mm
Blue Microphones Bottle Multi-Pattern Tube Microphone Includes
- Blue Bottle Microphone
- B6 Bottle Cap
- Power Stream Tube Mic Power Supply
- Laser Cut SKB Carry Case
Blue Microphones Bottle Multi-Pattern Tube Microphone Capsule Options
- B0 Cardioid Large Diaphragm Capsule - Provides a bright, silky presence that's perfect for lead and background vocals, guitar, percussion, or any other source with an extended top end.
- B1 Cardioid Small Diaphragm Capsule - Great for capturing nylon- or steel-string guitars, small-pitched percussion, and orchestral string instruments. The B1's extended high-frequency response also makes it perfect for drum overheads, ambient/room miking, even Foley and sound-effect recording.
- B2 Figure of Eight Large Diaphragm - The "vintage capsule" of the Bottle Cap Kit, providing the richness of a well-aged ribbon mic. Use this capsule to get vintage character from brass, guitar, woodwinds, and vocals, or to take the edge off of overly-bright instruments. This capsule is also great for acoustic and electric bass, cello, and even whistling.
- B3 Cardioid Mid-Sized Diaphragm - Very transparent, with a neutral sound that's optimum for female vocals, distant miking of orchestral groups and instruments, distorted electric guitars, basses, banjos, mandolins, and resonator guitars. The capsule also lends a "folky" tone to acoustic guitars.
- B4 Perspex Sphere Omni Small Diaphragm - Captures lush lows and sweet highs; it's perfect for the ambient recording of classical and orchestral instrumentation, as well as background vocals, organ, accordion, and drums.
- B5 Pressure Omni Large Diaphragm - The "presence omni." Possessing a unique compressed quality, the B5 features a highly accentuated low and high frequency response that's well suited to capturing high-transient sources like acoustic guitars and percussion. The capsule's extra presence boost also helps tracks cut through a dense mix.
- B6 Standard Cardioid Capsule - designed for the Bottle, and features a frequency response suitable for vocal and general instrument capturing. Blue describes it's sound characteristics as "larger than life", and the cardioid polar pattern is sure to effectively reduce off-axis ambient noise and feedback.
- B7 Cardioid Large Diaphragm Single Backplate - Provides detailed mids and an airy presence, perfect for that "vintage vibe" on vocals, saxophone, flute and all types of guitars. It's also optimum for conventional jazz recording.
- B8 Large Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser - The best choice if only using one capsule - crystal clear sound quality and excellent detail for a wide range of recording applications. Suggested applications: Male & female lead vocals, electric & acoustic guitars, drums, drum overheads, percussion, piano, horns and strings.
Blue Microphones Bottle Multi-Pattern Tube Microphone Downloads
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I love my Blue Bottle. I own several capsules and they all sound great. The people at blue really take care of their customers as well. It would be a real drag to buy an expensive mic and the company not back it up with good customer service. Blue is a class operation and their mics show it. The Bottle is actually the most versatile mic that I own. It can remain set up through, hip hop, metal, and R&B vocal sessions. It sounds good on any vocalist.