Avantone Gauss 7 Monitors
The Avantone Gauss 7 Monitors mixes the old-school snap of vintage near-field monitors, with the bandwidth and frequency response of new-school monitors.
Decades after the disappearance of the Gauss Speaker Company, the line has returned with a proper (low-end) bang. Gauss 7 mixes the old-school snap of vintage near-field monitors, with the bandwidth and frequency response of new-school monitors. Its GAU-AMT tweeter provides ultra-smooth response, with an impressive stereo-field — making hours of listening time only feel like minutes. The folded AMT driver can only be described as transparent and accurate, with detailed transients. The Gauss 7 system delivers a super-wide “sweet spot”, precise imaging, and an impressive, natural, and accurate mid-range response. Gauss 7 also features simple, yet very powerful acoustic-tuning controls. That, paired with the vertical dispersion of the GAU-AMT, means clean acoustic response in any room environment. Gauss: the legend is back.
The GAU-AMT: a hi-fidelity AMT driver
At the heart of the Gauss 7 lies the custom, patented-design GAU-AMT tweeter. The GAU-AMT provides the upmost detail, even to the most subtle of waveforms. The GAU-AMT’s delivers incredible stereo imaging, while maintainin a small vertical throw — this reduces unwanted acoustic reflections in a room, which helps minimize phase issues in an acoustic environment. GAU-AMT’s impressive transient response comes from it’s 65mm polyethylene terephthalate (PET) film folded membrane, — the result is far beyond what can be achieved in typical dome tweeter designs. PET film was chosen as it’s the lowest resonant-frequency film, and hosts the lowest crossover point — all while still providing exceptional high-range frequency extension. The GAU-AMT coil is aluminum-etched PET film that is folded. The assembly is mounted in its own enclosure to prevent the backwave pressure from woofer. The high-end frequency response (up to 22kHz) makes for an exceptional reference monitor for a massive range of music and sound materials. “Air frequencies” aren’t just audible, but very smooth. This not only provides an incredible reference monitor, but a monitor that’s built to listen to for hours-on-end.
A unique woofer design with old-school snap, and new-school bandwidth
Gauss 7’s woofer takes great inspiration from our AV10-MLF “white cone” woofer, yet was still engineered from the ground up. The woofer cone is a pressed design, made of the same proprietary blend of wood pulp and glass fiber found in the CLA-10 series woofer (AV10-MLF) — but with a major increase of materials. This provides the hard snap, and fast transient response of the CLA-10, but with much more low-end. Tighter voicing isn’t going to be heard here — Gauss 7 provides a wide bandwidth for fantastic mid-range, and great low-end reference. The woofer’s motor structure is made of low-carbon 1008 steel — enabling the highest about of magnetic flux density between the pole piece and top plate. To top it off, the surround of the woofer is Japanese a uni-directional styrene-butadiene rubber (SBR), which optimizes the power and excursion of the woofer. A rear-firing bass port gives Gauss 7 a controlled, yet punchy low-end — tight response, without being the typical “over-hyped” low-end found other speakers in it’s price-range.
Easy-to-use Acoustic Tuning controls
Balanced XLR and ¼” TRS inputs make connections a breeze, but it takes a bit more than just that alone to give a monitor studio-strength. The back panel of Gauss 7 has powerful, yet easy-to-use acoustic tuning controls — perfect for tuning the system to your room. A three-position Acoustic Placement switch allows you to optimize Gauss 7 to boundary spaces in your room. A three-position High Trim switch helps refine additional room issues. Each Gauss 7 has it’s own Gain control for proper system calibration.
Avantone Gauss 7 Monitors Features
- An incredible reference monitor system, with fantastic transient response
- Hi-fidelity GAU-AMT tweeter provides smooth "air" frequencies, impressive stereo imaging, super-wide "sweet spot", and less unwanted room reflections
- A unique woofer design with old-school snap, and new-school bandwidth
- Natural and revealing mid-range
- Impressive 180W amplification per monitor
- Powerful, yet easy-to-use Acoustic-Tuning controls
- Unparalleled best-in-class reference quality
Avantone Gauss 7 Monitors Specifications
- System Type: Active Full-Range Two-Way Stereo Pair
- Frequency Response: 30Hz-22,000Hz
- Cabinet: Bass Reflex design, hybrid medium-density fiberboard with real wood veneer
- LF Driver: 7” (178mm) Ferrite Motor
- HF Driver: 2.5” (65mm) AG-AMT
- LF Amplifier Power: 120 W
- HF Amplifier Power: 60 W
- Amplifier: Bi-Amped Class D
- SPL: 103dB (Peak)
- THD: 0.5%
- Controls: Gain (±6dB) / Acoustic Placement (-4dB, -2dB, 0db) / High Trim (-2dB, 0dB, +2dB)
- Inputs: Balanced TRS / XLR
- Power: 110V-240V ~50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: StandBy:
- Dimensions: 381mm H x 235mm W x 212mm D (15” H x 9.25” W x 8.35” D)
- Weight: 8.2Kg / 18 Lbs (Each)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review