The Avantone CV-28 Multi-Capsule Tube Microphone is a tube-type condenser microphone designed to deliver pleasing professional results comparable to much more expensive designs. With transformer coupled tube circuitry and interchangeable capsules, the CV-28 offers a modern-day, affordable miking solution.
The Avantone CV-28 Multi-Capsule Tube Microphone is truly versatile microphone offering valve colour and transformer coupled tone, along with interchangeable capsules.
The rugged Avantone CV-28 microphone body and capsule assembly are precision machined of Brass. Aesthetically the compact body features an elegant Metallic Cabernet Wine-Red finish, accented with polished nickel trim and capsule assembly. Manufactured using the finest materials, the Avantone CV-28 Multi-Capsule Tube Microphone yields a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability.
This 3-Pattern Tube Microphone w/ interchangeable 19mm gold sputtered thin Mylar capsule assemblies is designed with circuitry that will yield pleasing professional results comparable to much more expensive designs. The Avantone CV-28 Multi-Capsule Tube Microphone also features military-grade -15 dB pad & 80 Hz LF roll off switches for varied recording situations. The transformer coupled tube circuitry offers a modern-day, affordable solution for the desire to capture the character of famous European and American vintage designs, so studio can proudly offer the Avantone CV-28 as a primary acoustic instrument mic.
The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the Avantone CV-28 Multi-Capsule Tube Microphone while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic. This isolation allows for superior professional results.
The Avantone CV-28 Multi-Capsule Tube Microphone sounds amazing on acoustic guitar, mandolin, drum overheads, percussion, piano mic, etc
Avantone CV-28 Multi-Capsule Tube Microphone Features
- Small-capsule tube condenser microphone
- 19mm Gold capsules (end firing design)
- 3 interchangeable Capsules (cardioid , omni, hypercardioid)
- -10 dB pad & 80 hz LF roll off switches
- Transformer coupled tube circuitry
- Ideal for acoustic instruments, overheads, piano etc.
Avantone CV-28 Multi-Capsule Tube Microphone Specifications
- Type: Tube-type Condenser
- Polar Pattern/s: 3 patterns via interchangeable capsules (Omni, Cardioid , Hyper-Cardioid)
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz +/- 3dB
- Output Impedance: <=250 Ohms / transformer isolated
- Maximum SPL: 136dB (0.5% THD @1000Hz)
- Sensitivity: 20mV/Pa 34dB
- Equivalent Noise Level: 17dB
- Output Connector: Male XLR 7 pin w/ special power supply & cables
- Tube Type: Select Military-Grade 6J1B
- High-Pass Switch: High-Grade 80 Hz 6dB/octave Switch
- Attenuation Switch: High-Grade -15dB Switch
- Power Requirement: Dedicated PS-28 Power Supply w/switchable 115/230VAC Capability
- Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Metallic Cabernet Red Body
Avantone CV-28 Multi-Capsule Tube Microphone Includes
- Avantone CV-28 Tube Microphone
- Avantone Custom Retro Shockmount
- Avantone PS-28 Proprietary Power Supply With Cables
- Elegant Padded Genuine Wooden Mic Box
- 3 Interchangeable 19mm Capsules ( Cardioid, Omni, Hyper-Cardioid)
- Padded Aluminum Storage / Travel Case
- Printed Owners Manual
- 5 Year Warranty
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Anatone CV-28Nov 25th 2013
...I have a small home studio that I use for recording solo and duo artists. I have a closet full of very good Home recording microphones: Dynamics, condenser, ribbon,2 Avantone CR-14 ribbon mics...These are my main mics because the artists that record here ask for them, I can't think of a better endorsement than that. I needed a tube mic to capture what the ribbons miss when miking a '47 D18 and an 1886 size 1 Martin(s). This mic does it all with the 3 capsules, great signal strength and low noise. I say, give them a try, the mics share distinct character warmth that I am missing with my other mics and much less signal processing goes between them and the recorders(digital and analogue).Check'em out.
CV-28 Tube ReviewJan 20th 2011
Only good thing to tell about this mic. Low Noise, High Sensitivity, Three Capsules, Wide Response and Small Diaphragm. This last is the most important you will find a large quantity of tube mic but all large condenser mics, this make slow the transient response. So if you want tube mic sound and good quality detailed sound need a small tube microphone. This is the most versatile in this category. You can find the cheaper sterling st44 but just one pattern and you will need at some time the other patterns. So better to have it since the beginning. And avantone is known for his good sounding mics.