Avantone BV-12 Tube Microphone
The Avantone BV-12 Tube Microphone is a sleek-looking, tube mic that combines the pro features of the two most popular microphones in the Avantone line; the world-renowned CV-12 and the BV-1, and produces professional results with a warm, pleasing sonic character.
The Avantone BV-12 Tube Microphone is one of the famous "Buttercream (B-series)" mics from Avantone Pro, designed to offer true professional performance. The Avantone BV-12 Tube Microphone will meet or surpass the performance and specifications of much higher priced mics. The Avantone BV-12 Tube Microphone is truly a gorgeous looking and sounding microphone. The design, character and performance is comparable to some of the fine vintage tube mics of the 1950's and 1960's...but at a fraction of their cost!
The rugged Avantone BV-12 microphone body and capsule assembly are precision machined of BRASS. Aesthetically, it features an elegant Buttercream baked on finish, accented with polished nickel trim and grill.
The transformer coupled tube circuitry has its origins in famous European vintage designs. Manufactured using the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability.
Any studio can proudly offer the Avantone BV-12 Tube Microphone as a primary vocal mic...It exudes class visually as well as sonically. The versatile Avantone BV-12 Tube Microphone is able to produce professional results with a warm, pleasing sonic character.
The PS-1 power supply offers access not only to the Avantone BV-12 Tube Microphone an OMNI, CARDIOID, and FIGURE-8 patterns but also 6 "in-between" settings. Most vocals will be best suited to Cardioid pattern but you may experiment to satisfy yourself. The omni-mode works well in some rooms for ambient room mic usage.
The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the Avantone BV-12 Tube Microphone while inhibiting the unwanted vibrations up into the mic. This isolation allows for superior professional results.
Avantone BV-12 Tube Microphone Features
- 9-pattern tube microphone with dual 34mm gold sputtered thin Mylar capsule assemblies
- Military grade -10dB pad and 80Hz roll off switches
- "Hand Selected" Russian made 6072A tube
- Utilizes the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability
- Produces professional results with a warm, pleasing sonic character
Avantone BV-12 Tube Microphone Specifications
- Type: Tube-Type True Condenser
- Capsule: Dual-sided 34mm edge-terminated gold-sputtered Mylar (6 micron)
- Polar Pattern/s: 9 Patterns selectable at PS-1 Power Supply
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000Hz +/- 3dB
- Output Impedance: <=250 Ohms / transformer isolated
- Maximum SPL: 136dB (0.5% THD @ 1000Hz) 146dB with pad engaged
- Equivalent Noise Level: 17dB (A weighted EC651)
- S/N Ratio re 1Pa: 78dB
- Sensitivity: -38dB
- Output Connector: Male XLR 7 pin with special power supply and cables
- High-Pass Switch: 80 Hz 6dB/octave
- Attenuation Switch: -10dB
- Power Requirement: Dedicated PS-1 Power Supply, 115/230VAC selectable
- Weight: .8kg / 1.8 lb.
- Dimensions: 237mm x 46mm (9.5" x 1.8")
- Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Buttercream Body
Avantone BV-12 Tube Microphone Includes
- Avantone BV-12 Tube Microphone
- Avantone Custom Retro Shockmount
- Avantone PS-1 Multi-Pattern Power Supply
- Mogami GoldStudio Pro 15' XLR Cable
- Elegant Padded Genuine Wooden Mic box
- Handcrafted Wood Side, Tweed Travel Case
- Printed Owner's Manual
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review