Avantone CR-14 Ribbon Microphone
The Avantone CR-14 Ribbon Microphone is designed to produce professional results with a warm, pleasing sonic character. Using the finest materials to yield a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability, the CR-14 is perfect for any studio, be it a modern, state-of-the-art studio or a private home studio.
The Avantone CR-14 Ribbon Microphone is designed to offer true professional performance. It will meet or surpass the performance and specifications of much higher priced mics. The Avantone CR-14 is truly a gorgeous looking and sounding microphone. The design, character and performance is comparable to some of the very finest Ribbon mics...but at a fraction of their cost!
The Avantone rugged CR-14 Ribbon Microphone body and inner assembly parts are precision machined of brass. Aesthetically, the Avantone CR-14 Ribbon Microphone features an elegant Cabernet Wine-Red finish, accented with polished nickel trim and a black grill. The Avantone CR-14 Ribbon Microphone has a unique, "retro" body design.
The transformer coupled output will yield pleasing professional results comparable to much more expensive designs. Any studio can proudly offer the Avantone CR-14 Ribbon Microphone as a guitar cabinet, room mic, drum overheads, vocal mic or utility room mic due to its versatility...It exudes class visually as well as sonically.
Manufactured using the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability, the versatile Avantone CR-14 Ribbon Microphone is able to produce professional results with a warm, pleasing sonic character.
The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic. This isolation allows for superior professional results.
The Avantone CR-14 Ribbon Microphone's dual, low-mass ribbon element which enables a much better sensitivity rating than most single ribbon designs. This design lends to fast and accurate transient response, ultra-high 148 dB SPL capability, and overall stunning realism. The Avantone CR-14 Ribbon Microphone has a figure-8 audio directionality (pickup) pattern via front and rear, with extended sweet spots (as compared to Large Diaphragm condenser mics & single ribbon designs).
The Avantone CR-14 Ribbon Microphone has very low residual noise, with no internal active electronics to overload or produce distortion. It also requires no power supply.
Avantone CR-14 Ribbon Microphone Features
- Unique, elegant "Retro" body design
- Figure-8 pickup pattern via front and rear, with extended sweet spots
- Increased high frequency response on rear for tonal versatility
- Low residual noise
- No power supply is required
- Dual, low-mass ribbon element for much better sensitivity rating than most single ribbon designs
- Fast accurate transient response
- Ultra-high 148 dB SPL capability
- Overall stunning realism
- No internal active electronics to overload or produce distortion
- Utilizes the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability
Avantone CR-14 Ribbon Microphone Specifications
- Ribbon Type: Dual Ribbon / Pure Aluminum / 35mm x 5mm / 2 microns thick
- Polar Pattern: Figure-8
- Magnets: Rare Earth Neodymium
- Frequency Response: 40 -15,000 Hz +/- 3dB
- Sensitivity: -50 dBv +/- 2dB Re. (0dB=1V/Pa)
- Output Impedance: <=600 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: 3000 Ohms
- Maximum SPL: 148dB (1% THD @1000Hz)
- S/N Ratio re 1Pa: 70dB
- Output Connector: Male XLR 3 pin
- Dimensions: 1.45" (37mm) x 6.89" (175mm)
- Weight: 16 oz (496 g)
- Finish: Black metal grill / Polished Nickel trim / Metallic Cabernet Red Body
Avantone CR-14 Ribbon Microphone Includes
- Avantone CR-14 Ribbon Microphone
- Avantone Custom Retro Shockmount W/ Extra Elastic Bands
- Elegant Padded Genuine Wooden Mic Box
- Padded Aluminum Storage / Travel Case
- Printed Owners Manual
- 5 Year Warranty
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Price was great and the mic is well made and lovingly packaged. Like any ribbon mic it has a learning curve and I am still learning though. I've had spectacular results with strings. With vocals (which are reportedly one of its strengths) I'm still sorting out finding the sweet spots and preamp settings. But give me time. The sound is nice. All ribbon mics are fussy!
I bought two of these for testing and I am very happy. So far I have used them only on drum overheads and achieved an outstanding result. Build is very good - nice flight case and internal wooden box + shock mount.