Audio Technica AT8410a Shock Mount
The Audio Technica AT8410a Shock Mount provides an excellent mechanical isolation while offering unusual versatility and ease of use. Equally adapted to cylindrical and tapered microphones, it attenuates noise, shock and vibration transmitted through microphone stands, booms and fixed microphone mounts.
The Audio Technica AT8410a Shock Mount permits easy microphone insertion and removal without detaching the mic cable; its spring-loaded clamp holds even heavy tapered microphones securely. The Audio Technica AT8410a mounts directly to any stand with standard 5/8"-27 threads, and includes a constant-tension clutch and 180° swivel for easy, positive microphone adjustment. Isolation is accomplished with elastic shock cord. Furthermore, the Audio Technica AT8410a Shock Mount accommodates most microphones in common use, fitting Audio-Technica Case Style(s): S1, S2, S3, S4, S7, S8, S9, S10, S11, S12, S13, S14, SG1, SG2, SG3, SG4, SG5, T1, T2, T3, T4, T5, T6, T7.
A suspended clamp on the Audio Technica AT8410a accepts any cylindrical microphone body from 16.8 mm (about 11/16") to 28.8 mm (over 1 & 1/8"). The clothes-pin jaws can also pivot to firmly hold the tapered body typical of many vocal mics.
Audio Technica AT8410a Shock Mount Features
- Attenuates noise, shock and vibration transmitted through mic stands, booms and mounts
- Spring-clip fits most tapered and cylindrical microphones
- Permits easy microphone insertion and removal without detaching mic cable
- Compatible with 5/8"-27 threaded stands
Audio Technica AT8410a Shock Mount Specifications
- Height: 5.23" (133.3 mm)
- Depth: 3.93" (99.7 mm)
- Ring Diameter: 3.11" (79.0 mm)
- Net Weight: 6.3 oz (179 Grams)
- Minimum Microphone Diameter: 0.66 inches (16.8 mm)
- Maximum Microphone Diameter: 1.13 inches (28.8 mm)
- Microphones Accepted: Cylindrical or Tapered Within the Limits Above
- Clamping System: Spring-Loaded Clothes-Pin
- Suspension System: Elastic Shock Cord
- Swivel Rotation: 180-Degrees
- Attenuation: 8 dB to10 dB Broad Band (Depends on Microphone Response, Construction and Mass)
Audio Technica AT8410a Shock Mount Includes
- Audio Technica AT8410a Shock Mount
- 1 x 5/8"- 27 Thread to 3/8"-16 Thread European Adapter
- 2 Year Warranty
Audio Technica AT8410a Shock Mount Downloads
What We Think
"The Audio Technica AT8410a Shock Mount is an incredibly versatile and well built, yet relatively low cost, shock / suspension mount perfectly suited for pencil condensers as well as hand-held vocal microphones. In fact, I've used this mount with Royer R121 and R122 ribbon mics, and it works perfectly (much better than their included "courtesy clip"). And in a bind, I've been able to "reverse mount" a wide-body microphone like a Heil PR-31 BW with the Audio Technica AT8410a. It's simply a great, durable but lightweight shock mount."
Front End Audio
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review