ART Tube MP/C Tube Preamplifier & Compressor
The ART Tube MP/C Tube Preamplifier & Compressor is a multi-purpose tool for audio engineering and recording. Two independent circuits featuring a tube-based analog preamplifier and a VCA-less compressor with optical gain reduction control are housed in one, convenient desk-top chassis.
The ART Tube MP/C Tube Preamplifier & Compressor is used as a mic/line preamp or as a DI (direct) box. The ART Tube MP/C is designed to work seamlessly with any recording, sound-reinforcement, or electronic instrument setup. The ART’s Tube MP/C circuitry is a hybrid design utilizing the latest, most advanced, solid-state and tube technology.
The preamplifier’s active balanced solid-state input provides extremely low noise and excellent common mode rejection. The ¼-inch high impedance input prevents loading of any connected device making the ART Tube MP/C perfect for DI or line level applications. The preamplifier’s second stage 12AX7a tube runs on a regulated DC voltage providing an additional 20dB of gain.
The compression circuit features a VCA-less design and utilizes optical electronics (Vactrol) coupled with a 12AX7a vacuum tube gain stage for superior musical performance.
Optional ART SM1 stand mount securely attaches the ART Tube MP/C to any microphone stand for live stage or studio applications is available.
ART Tube MP/C Tube Preamplifier & Compressor Features
- Tube-based mic/line preamplifier with up to 80 dB of gain
- Hand-selected 12AX7a tube
- Optical (VCA-less) compressor circuitry = transparent dynamics control
- ¼-inch unbalanced inputs and outputs
- XLR balanced inputs and outputs
- Transformer isolated XLR output
- Selectable output range for Line/Instrument interface levels
- LED meters for Tube Warmth, Gain Reduction and Output level
- +48V phantom power
- Phase reversal switch
- Selectable release time settings
- > 90dB dynamic range
- Custom extruded aluminum chassis
ART Tube MP/C Tube Preamplifier & Compressor Specifications
- CMMR: > 60 dB @ max gain
- Equivalent Input Noise: -128dBu typical ("A" wtd., Shorted XLR balanced input, gain @ max)
- Frequency Response: 30 Hz - 60 kHz +/- 1 dB balanced output, 20 Hz - 60 kHz +/- 1dB 1/4" output
- Input Impedance: 1M Ohms 1/4" input, 5K Ohms XLR input
- Input/Output Connections: Input: XLR balanced or 1/4" balanced. Output: 1/4" unbalanced XLR balanced, transformer isolated.
- Maximum Gain: +80 dB (balanced in-out, +64dB (unbalanced input, balanced output)
- Maximum Input Level: unbalanced (Inst): +15 dBu, balancd (mic): +10 dBu
- Maximum Output Level: +19 dBu (Line mode)
- Output Impedance: XLR:
- Low Cut Filter: -3 dB @ 70 Hz, 6dB/Octave
- Phantom Power: Switch selectable, +48Volts DC, filtered, current limited
- Chassis Type: All aluminum black anodized with integral rubber sides
- Power Requirements: 9VAC @ 1000mA (external)
- Attack Time:
- Release Time: 150ms (fast), 20ms - 3s Program dependant (Auto)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.1% @ max gain
- Tube Type: Hand selected 12AX7a
- Compressor Slope: 2:1 (Comp.) / 11:1 (Limit)
- Dimensions: 1.75"H x 5.9" W x 6.5" D (44.5mm x 150mm x 165mm)
- Weight: 2.9 lbs (1.32 kg) (Weight includes power supply and packaging)
ART Tube MP/C Tube Preamplifier & Compressor Includes
- Tube MP/C Tube Preamplifier & Compressor
- Owners Manual
- 3 Year Warranty
ART Tube MP/C Tube Preamplifier & Compressor Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review