ART SLA-1 Power Amplifier
The ART SLA-1 Power Amplifier is a robust yet compact power amplifier designed for studio or even select live applications. Its clean and powerful circuitry combined with a straightforward user interface, quickly and easily delivers the power you need for professional and project studio monitoring.
The ART SLA-1 Power Amplifier has been designed and engineered to provide clean, quiet power and excellent sound with ultra-low noise and distortion. Perfect for professional, project and home studios, the ART SLA-1 can easily move out of the studio and into any live rig installation as an ideal monitor amplifier or zone amp solution.
Rated at 100 watts rms/channel @ 8 ohms (130 watts rms/channel @ 4ohms), with a frequency response from 10 Hz to 40 kHz, the ART SLA-1 is capable of delivering 260 watts when bridged mono into an 8 ohm load. Housed in an aluminum and steel single space 19-inch rackmount chassis, the ART SLA-1 features a proven toroidal transformer design for unmatched long-term reliability.
The ART SLA-1 features SmartFan, an advanced, thermal dependent fan assisted convection cooled system. The SmartFan system is dependent upon the internal ambient temperature of the ART SLA-1, and runs at high or low levels depending on the amplifier’s cooling needs.
XLR and 1/4-inch TRS balanced inputs as well as multi-way output binding posts are ensure the ART SLA-1 can be quickly and easily tied in to any system without modification. Simple to install tamper proof cover is included.
ART SLA-1 Power Amplifier Features
- Studio linear amplifier
- Extremely low noise, discrete linear design
- 100 Watts/channel @ 8 ohms
- 260 Watts/bridged mono @ 8 ohms
- Toroidal transformer
- 10 Hz to 40 kHz within 1dB
- XLR & 1/4? inputs
- Ground lift switch
- Silent, thermal dependent cooling system
- Multi-way binding post outputs
- Low profile 1U rackmount design
- All steel and aluminum chassis
- Perfect for pro and project studio
ART SLA-1 Power Amplifier Specifications
- Bridged Output Power, 8 Ohms: 260 W RMS mono
- CMRR: > 60dB (typical @1kHz)
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 40kHz, +/- .5dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.05% (typical)
- Hum and Noise: > 100dB below clipping
- Input Impedance: XLR: 44k O (bal), 1/4in: 22k O (unbal)
- Input Sensitivity: 1V for Full Power Output into 8 O
- Input/Output Connections: IN: XLR (bal), 1/4? TRS (bal/unbal), OUT: Multi-Wa
- Stereo Output Power, 4 Ohms: 130 W RMS per Channel
- Stereo Output Power, 8 Ohms: 100 W RMS per Channel
- Transformer Type: Toroidal
- Dimensions: 1.75? H x 19.0? W x 9.5? D
- Weight: 13.2 lbs (6.0kg.)
- Power Requirements: (USA) 120VAC 60Hz 600 W (max)
ART SLA-1 Power Amplifier Includes
- SLA-1 Power Amplifier
- Owners Manual
- 3 Year Warranty
ART SLA-1 Power Amplifier Downloads
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Based on sound quality alone, I'd give the ART a 5/5 (for amps in the price range, that is). I haven't heard anything else in the sub-$500 range that even comes close to competing with the sonics of the ART SLA-1. However, the fan noise on this amp is not quiet in the least (it's a couple times louder than the PC it's sitting next to); I'd advise putting the amp in a machine room (if you have one available), in a closet, etc., meaning you would need long speaker cable runs. I have yet to try to mod the unit with a quieter fan, but doubt that, given the 1 rack unit size of the enclosure, that much could be done. Anyways, if silence is what you are looking for and you can't get away with isolating the amp, this unit may not be ideal for you.
Plenty of power to run your passive smalls, and then some! Options for XLR or 1/4" inputs are very handy; only bare wire out is less so, but it works for me.
Since I have it in a small rack, I'm glad it has big heat sinks and a fan. The fan is not super-quiet, but liveable when it's racked up. Nice to have a big fat power switch in the event you create feedback or some sort of nasty noise in your DAW.