The AKG D112 MKII Dynamic Microphone is a professional bass drum mic designed for miking bass instruments. Its frequency response extends down to 20 Hz and it is completely overload-proof. The sound entry side is identified by a green bumper band. Sounds arriving from the sides and rear are suppressed.
The AKG D112 MKII Dynamic Microphone features a new integrated flexible mount, while retaining all the sonic strengths that have made it's predecessor the industry-standard. Over the years the AKG D112 has earned a well-deserved reputation as one of the best bass drum microphones ever made, for its high SPL capability, punchy EQ and bulletproof construction. The D112 MKII can handle more than 160 dB SPL without distortion. Its large diaphragm has a very low resonance frequency that delivers a solid and powerful response below 100 Hz. Its authoritative low end is complemented by a narrow-band presence boost at 4 kHz that punches through even dense mixes and loud stage volumes with forceful impact. One of the many reasons artists and sound engineers love the AKG D112 MKII is that it requires no additional EQ to sound just right as soon as you bring up the fader. Further refining its performance, the AKG D112 MKII features an integrated hum-compensation coil that keeps noise to an absolute minimum.
In addition to being an exceptional bass drum mic on stage and in the studio, the AKG D112 MKII is an excellent choice for miking electric bass cabinets and trombones.
AKG D112 MKII Dynamic Microphone Applications
- Pro Studio
- Project Studio
- Live Instrument
AKG D112 MKII Dynamic Microphone Features
- Integrated flexible mount makes it even more versatile
- Bass resonance volume chamber for unique, punchy sound
- Large diaphragm dynamic microphone delivers accurate low frequencies
- Integrated hum-compensation coil keeps noise to an absolute minimum
- Industry benchmark for bass drum microphone used on stages worldwide for over 30 years
AKG D112 MKII Dynamic Microphone Specifications
- Capsule: Dynamic Microphone Capsule
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Audio Frequency Bandwidth: 20 - 17000 Hz
- Max. SPL for 0.5 % THD: > 160 dB (Calculated)
- Electrical Impedance: 210 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: = 2000 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 1.8 mV/Pa (-55 dBV)
- Audio Output: Balanced XLR, Male, 3-Pin
- Temperature Range: -10 °C to +60 °C (14 °F - 140 °F)
- Length: 115 mm (4.53 in.)
- Height: 126 mm (4.96 in.)
- Diameter: 70 mm
- Net Weight (Mic Only): 300 g (10.6 oz.)
AKG D112 MKII Dynamic Microphone Includes
- AKG D112 MKII Dynamic Microphone
- 2 Year Warranty
AKG D112 MKII Dynamic Microphone Downloads
- AKG D112 MKII Dynamic Microphone Cut Sheet (PDF)
- AKG D112 MKII Dynamic Microphone Quick Start Guide (PDF)
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is my second D-112 although the MKII claims to handle higher SPL's. I love the overall sound of the D-112 having used the vintage brother the D-12 many years ago & also the Beyer M88 which is a higher output mic with great response. Overall the D-112 MKII holds up to most great kick mics out there.
This is a great kick drum mic, good definition, and the ability to get a great kick drum sound with little on no eq needed. I also own a shure Beta 52, and the D112 gets picked every time.