AKG D5 Vocal Microphone
The AKG D5 professional dynamic vocal microphone for lead and backing vocals delivers a powerful sound even on the noisiest stage. Its frequency-independent supercardioid polar pattern ensures maximum gain before feedback.
AKG D5 Vocal Microphone Details
The D5 stands for a crisp sound that cuts through every mix. The dual shock mount eliminates any kind of mechanical noise for trouble-free live use. The audience will hear the pristine sound of your voice!
AKG D5 Vocal Microphone Features
- Patented laminated Varimotionâ"¢ diaphragm for crisp sound that cuts through every mix
- High feedback suppression with supercardiod polar pattern for trouble-free use with on stage monitoring
- Dual shock mount of microphone capsule eliminates any kind of handling noise
- Integrated pop filter for elimination of pops and wind noise
- Spring-steel wire-mesh grille and rugged die-cast housing withstand every live performance
AKG D5 Vocal Microphone Specifications
- Polar Pattern: supercardioid
- Audio Frequency bandwidth: 70 to 20000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 2.6 mV/Pa
- Electrical Impedance: 600 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: 2000 Ohm
- Balanced XLR
AKG D5 Vocal Microphone Includes
- Microphone Bag
- SA61 Stand Adapter
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I'm no live sound expert, but when it comes to performing, this is my favorite of the vocal mics I've used so far. It has a presence that I really like, and seems to set the vocals just a bit above / in front of the mix, even in muddier-sounding rooms.
It could be that it just happens to suit my voice better than other microphones (my voice is a little bit unusual sounding...), but I've heard this microphone used on a number of voices and they all came across loud and clear!
This is by far my favorite live vocal mic - especially for the money.