AKG C314 Multi-Pattern Microphone
The AKG C314 is born from AKG's commitment to total precision, and a team of the finest microphone engineers, this microphone makes use of the best materials and components found throughout the world.
It has gone through an exacting design and highly detailed manufacturing process to bring you the end result: A microphone that captures every detail with the precision your creativity deserves.
Whether youre recording in a large concert hall or a one-room studio, you want to capture the emotion and moment, not just the sound. With a full frequency range of 20Hz 20kHz and the lowest self-noise in its class, the C314 brings out the best in every nuance. Built on the rich heritage of the C414 XLS capsule, its dual computer-matched diaphragms guarantee the highest polar pattern accuracy, while the integrated suspension dramatically reduces noise for pure, faithful recordings.
The versatile C314 is the multi-instrumentalist in your microphone rig, ready to fill in wherever needed. Whether its cardioid, supercardioid, omni or figure-8 polar patters, there are plenty of ways to get the most natural sound from any instrumentelectric and acoustic guitars, drums, and much more. Employ a supercardioid pattern to reduce drum spill, then quickly switch to a figure-8 pattern to balance out two vocalists. These easy-to-access options make the AKG C314 a great addition to any studio with limited space.
With a variety of thoughtful extras, the AKG C314 empowers you to make better recordings, hands down. When acting as both artist and engineer, its overload detection LED makes it easy to see when your input levels are too high. This helps you take full advantage of the mics huge dynamic range, and only engage the pad when necessary. Its bass-cut filter, too, helps you curb rumbles, vibrations and loud, boomy sounds, and minimizes the proximity effect for balanced recordings.
The C314 is a workhouse, and a beautiful one at that. Its elegant façade features a transparent double-mesh all-metal grille, which protects the magic inside and ensures an exceptionally high level of RF immunity. Combine that with a rugged, scratch-resistant body and you have a studio microphone thats ready for the road.
AKG C314 Multi-Pattern Microphone Features
- Four selectable polar patterns perfect for every application: vocals, guitars, overheads, piano and more
- Lowest self noisefor the highest resolution in high-dynamic applications, such as miking classic instruments
- Overload detection LED indicates overly high sound pressure levelsknow exactly when to use the pad
- Computer-matched diaphragms guarantee the highest polar pattern accuracy
- Integrated capsule suspension reduces mechanical noise and resonances
- 20 dB attenuation pad and bass-cut filter for close-up recording and reducing the proximity effect
AKG C314 Multi-Pattern Microphone Specifications
- Audio frequency bandwidth: 20 to 20000 Hz
- Equivalent Noise Level: 8 dB-A
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa
- Signal to Noise: 86 dB-A
- Preattenuation Pad: -20 dB
- Bass Cut Filter: 100 Hz, 12dB/octave Hz
- Electrical Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: 1000 Ohms
AKG C314 Multi-Pattern Microphone Includes
- H85 Shock Mount
- W214 Windscreen
- SA60 Stand Adapter
- Metal carrying case
AKG C314 Multi-Pattern Microphone Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review