AKG C414 XLII Muti-Pattern Microphone
The AKG C414 XLII Muti-Pattern Microphone is designed for recording of lead vocals and solo instruments in studio and on stage. It offers a choice of nine polar patterns for the perfect sonic capture for every application.
The AKG C414 XLII Muti-Pattern Microphone offers the classic C12 microphone sound. A peak hold LED displays even the shortest overload peaks. For live sound applications and permanent installations, all controls can easily be disabled for trouble-free use. The C414 XLII version differs from the C414 XLS version in one major respect – the capsule. The AKG C414 XLII's slight presence boost and impressive spatial reproduction are both similar to the legendary AKG C12 microphone from 1953.
AKG C414 XLII Muti-Pattern Microphone Applications
- Pro Studio
- Piano / Strings
- Horns / Woodwinds
AKG C414 XLII Muti-Pattern Microphone Features
- Sonic character of the famous AKG C12 delivers astounding sound quality for lead vocals and solo instruments
- Nine selectable polar patterns for the perfect setting for every application
- Three attenuation levels (-6/-12/-18dB) for close-up recording or high-output sources of up to 158dB SPL
- Three switchable different bass-cut filters to reduce wind noise, stage vibration or proximity effect
- Overload warning with audio peak hold LED to detect shortest audio peaks
AKG C414 XLII Muti-Pattern Microphone Specifications
- Microphone Type: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Omni, Wide Cardioid, Cardioid, Hypercardioid, Figure-8 and 4 Intermediate Settings
- Diaphragm Size: 1" (25.4mm)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Max SPL: 140dB SPL (0.5% THD); 158dB SPL w/18dB Pad
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 88dB (A Weighted)
- Self Noise: 6dB (A Weighted)
- Low Cut Filter: 40Hz and 80Hz, -12dB/Octave; 160Hz, -6dB/Octave
- Pads: -6dB, -12dB, -18dB
- Color: Dark Grey/Gold
- Connector: XLR
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 38 mm x 50 mm x 160 mm
- Weight: .66 lb / 300 g
AKG C414 XLII Muti-Pattern Microphone Includes
- 1 x AKG C414 XLII Muti-Pattern Microphone
- 1 x H85 Universal Shock Mount
- 1 x Metal Carrying Case
- 1 x PF80 Pop Filter
- 1 x W414 Windscreen C414
- 3 Year Warranty
AKG C414 XLII Muti-Pattern Microphone Downloads
- AKG C414 XLII Muti-Pattern Microphone Owners Manual (PDF)
- AKG C414 XLII Muti-Pattern Microphone Spec Sheet (PDF)
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
with over two dozen live & studio mics in my locker, some are in my "fave-five" category. this is one of them. my voice always sounds good whether in studio or out in the field. mics i use live have to serve dual purposes: they have to project well thru the PA and the have to record nicely as well. this one is in the winner's circle. the 9 polar patterns puts it in a very select group, and the way it sounds is smooth. you can't go wrong with this mic. it is a reference/standard item.
This mic does it all!!! From vox down to acoustic instruments.
This mic looked like a big risk on a muso's budget, but very glad I took the chance. Once I'd learnt to use it in my studio space, with my instruments, it's become my favourite for just about everything. The "presence" is true but sweet, not "bright & in your face" like some cheaper mics I've used. It seems to reproduce the sound of Spanish guitar & harps, as well as flutes & vocals, as you'd hope & expect to hear them, & the included screen pop filter actually works !! Having used an earlier version of the C414, I really appreciate the LED lit buttons to operate the polarity, hi pass filters & pads. These were another pleasing revelation, having used some cheaper mics onboard pads & filters. Everything just works & sounds better, as you'd expect. Like all quality equipment, you can hear where the money was spent. Definitely earnt its place in my studio.
i really wanted to like this mic more than i did. the c414 is a studio workhorse and classic mic on many great records. for whatever reason, i just never found myself to pick it in a shootout. i'm finally resigned to selling mine to pick up another mic but man it is hard to let it go. 9 patters, flexible rollof and pad options, nice presence boost, no clumsy external power supply...there's quite a few utilitarian features that make this a great mic, but it just find myself more drawn to other options...oh well.