The Advanced Audio CM800T Tube Microphone is a large diaphragm, 3-pattern tube condenser microphone producing the presence lift heard from the original Sony C800G. A favorite among many pop, hip-hop and rap artists.
All components in the Advanced Audio CM800T Tube Microphone are of higher quality and have better tolerances than those components used in the 1992 designed C800G. Advanced Audio was also able to add a Figure 8 option which the Sont C800G did not have while still keeping the passive cardiod polarization of the original Sony C800G.
Double-sided, dual back-plate 32mm K67 type capsule with a HF rise similar to the original capsule utilized in the c800g.
The circuit is designed around a military spec'd GE/JAN 5654W tube which is configured the same way as the C800G circuit that used a 6AU6a tube. Advanced Audio first saw the 6AU6a tube in mantle radios sold in the early 60’s and find that the 5654W to be of a higher quality and have more consistent build than the "pedestrian" 6AU6a. The 5654w tube also generate less heat than the 6AU6a and no cooling device is required. The combination of the K67 capsule response coupled to a pentode tube configured as a triode with no de-emphasis; provides the bright and articulate sound of the C800G. Advanced Audio also added a -10db pad for close miking of drums, percussion and instrument amps. This gives the CM800T >6db more headroom than the C800G. There is also a 100hz switchable rumble (HP filter) accessible at the rear of the microphone.
Advanced Audio CM800T Tube Microphone Features
- 32mm double-diaphragm K67-type capsule
- Selectable omni, cardioid and figure-eight pickup patterns
- Class “A” single stage tube circuit coupled to a high quality dual bobbin transformer featuring bi-metal laminations that can handle the presence rise of K67 style capsule.
- 100Hz switchable roll-off (rumble filter)
- Switched -10dB pad
Advanced Audio CM800T Tube Microphone Specifications
- Impedance: <200 ohms (load impedance <1.2K)
- Noise: <14db (A-weighted)
- Distortion: <1% @ 128dB without pad and 138dB with pad
- Output: >10dBu with <0.5% distortion 20-20kHz
Advanced Audio CM800T Tube Microphone Includes
- Advanced Audio CM800T Tube Microphone
- Power Supply
- Tube Cable
- Manufacturer Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review