The Advanced Audio CM47fet Microphone presents a remarkably full, very clean and well-defined sound that is perfectly suited for recording close vocals, dialogue or instruments in the studio, as well as for live recording applications.
The CM47fet has a sonic response similar to the original U87 made before 1988 being slightly brighter than the Neumann U47fet. This makes it a favourite on saxophone, harmonica, vocals and in front of instrument amplifiers.
The CM47fet circuit is based on the extended headroom of the famous Neumann U-47 fet design. It features a capsule with dual 6-micron diaphragms and a 2-stage Class "A" amplifier coupled into a transformer balanced output. It also features a de-emphasis circuit that reduces sibilance. The CM47fet has been optimized for close miking applications and loud sound sources so that it will not overload economic transformerless preamplifiers. The CM47fet also features passive "true" cardiod operation like the original U47/U48, U47fet and the original U87 made before 1988. It can also be switched to OMNI operation for room miking duties or when the need to reduce any proximity effect is required.
Advanced Audio CM47fet Microphone Features
- 32mm 6-micron k67 type dual-diaphragm capsule
- Omni and passive cardioid pickup patterns, switched from the body
- Class "A" fet/discrete transformer-coupled circuit with HF de-emphasis
- -10dB pad switched from front of the body
- 100Hz internal bass roll-off switch
Advanced Audio CM47fet Microphone Specifications
- Frequency response: 25Hz to 20kHz + or - 3db
- Distortion: <0.5% @ 128dB & 138db with -10db pad engaged
- Impedance: <200 ohms (load impedance <1.2K)
- Noise: < 14dB (A-weighted) < 14dB (A-weighted)
Advanced Audio CM47fet Microphone Includes
- Advanced Audio CM47fet Microphone
- Manufacturer Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review