The A Designs EM-EQ2 Equalizer offers the stellar sound of a Pultec equalizer plus the added benefit of modern performance and reliability. Eminently suited for tracking, mixing, or mastering, this A Designs EM-EQ2 faithfully preserves the EQ section design, control layout, and wonderfully smooth musicality of the original Pultec.
The A Designs EM-EQ2 Equalizer is a new, two-channel rackmount version of the A Designs PEQ 500-Series EQ Module. Well-suited for tracking, mixing and even mastering applications, the A Designs EM-EQ2 is a dual-mono equalizer housed in a rugged, all-metal 2U chassis. Sonically nodding to the classic Pultec EQP-1A sound, the A Designs EM-EQ2 utilizes the same discrete Class AB amplifier found in A-Designs' popular solid-state EM-PEQ and Pacifica mic pres, putting a slightly unique twist on the classic filter design of yesteryear. That aside, the A Designs EM-EQ2 faithfully preserves the EQ section design, control layout and wonderfully smooth musicality of the original Pultec unit.
Additional features include a nickel core output transformer, Wima caps, and a true hard bypass. Instead of using common off-the-shelf chokes, A-Designs uses a custom-wound tapped inductor wound to the same values as the 500 Series EM-PEQ. Fully balanced, noise-free performance with modern impedance specs make for intuitive operation and quick studio integration.
"The original EQP-1A has long been revered by both recording and mastering engineers for its ability to improve the sound of literally anything running through it," says A-Designs Audio's Peter Montessi. "The much more affordable EM-EQ2 is our take on that classic design with all of the same freq settings and inductors that made the Pultec a must-have for capturing the bottom end. This product is perfect for those engineers who are looking to add some vibe to their ITB tracks or two-buss but prefer to use standard rack-mount gear instead of 500 Series modules. I should also point out that the EM-EQ2 pairs up exceptionally with our Hammer Equalizer for those engineers looking to add some analog texture that the digital world still lacks." Montessi adds.
A Designs EM-EQ2 Equalizer Features
- Dual mono, three-band band, Pultec-style EQ
- Faithfully preserves the EQ section design, controls, and musicality of the Pultec EQP-1
- Eminently suited for tracking, mixing, or mastering
- Same frequency settings and inductors as original Pultec make it a must-have for capturing bottom end
- Fully balanced, noise-free performance and modern impedance specs
- Quick and easy studio integration
- Wima capacitors
- True hard bypass
- A-Designs proprietary, custom-wound tapped Inductor
- A-Designs proprietary nickel core output transformer
- Rugged 2U metal housing with custom-milled faceplate and control knobs
- Big jewel power indicator lamp with heavy duty Carling power toggle switch
A Designs EM-EQ2 Equalizer Specifications
- Design: Rugged 2U metal housing
- Boost: 0dB to +10dB
- Attenuate: 0dB to 10dB
- Attenuate high band: 5k, 10k, 20kHz
- Vary bandwidth/boost mid to high band: 3k, 4k, 5k, 6k, 10k, 12k, 16kHz Boost/attenuate low band: at 20Hz, 30Hz, 60Hz, or 100Hz
A Designs EM-EQ2 Equalizer Includes
- A Designs EM-EQ2 Equalizer
- Power Cable
- Manufacturer Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review