A Designs Hammer Equalizer
The A Designs Hammer Equalizer provides world-class sound quality and incredible ease of use - it's nearly impossible to make it sound bad. Everyone needs a good hardware equalizer for mixing and mastering , and the A Designs Hammer fits the bill perfectly.
Amazingly Easy to Use One of A-Designs most lauded sound sculpting creations is the A Designs Hammer, a dual-mono, three- band equalizer that's most at home on the main mix outputs, but is also an outstanding tool for tracking. The A Designs Hammer is one of a very select few audio tools that enhances sound simply by running signal through it, thanks in part to an ingenious filtering system that passes musical 2nd order tube harmonics while eliminating unwanted noise - just the heating blanket your DAW needs.The A Designs Hammer is also ideal for adding "air" to vocals, carefully crafted punch to instruments or just the right texture to an overall mix; plus, a major benefit of its innovative design is the ability to push it as hard as you like - it's nearly impossible to make it sound bad.
The A Designs Hammer Equalizer couldn't be easier to use. Its overall frequency range covers 30Hz to 40kHz. Each channel features six detented rotary controls: three frequency selector knobs (Lo, Mid, Hi) which are stepped switches for easy recall, each with an accompanying gain knob providing continuously variable boost or cut of 12dB. Each band has a selectable center frequency, and overlaps with the other bands in such a way that makes for a seamless transition throughout the entire spectrum. Each channel also features individual toggle switches for EQ In/Out as well as Lo Cut (84Hz) and Hi Cut (8kHZ), filters that allow engineers to perform utilitarian EQ chores while still being able to bring the full power of The Hammer's three bands to bear. Mainly intended as a "broad stroke" equalizer, the HM2EQ's bandwidth (Q) is self-adjusting (floating), based on a combination of the amount of gain applied and the dynamics and frequency content of the program material.
The A Designs Hammer Equalizer's unique ability to have its Q "move with the music" is one the keys to its incredible musical performance, and is another reason why it's difficult to make the Hammer sound bad at any frequency or gain setting. Along with its innovative tube-harmonic filtering circuit, a pair of carefully selected 12AT7 tubes (offering the most consistent control of any tube) and a custom heavy duty toroidal power transformer add the final touches to the A Designs HAMMER 2's signal path.
Like its twin - the A-Designs "Nail" Compressor - the A Designs Hammer features a black, custom-milled, brushed faceplate sporting custom-milled aluminum control knobs, a heavy-duty Carling toggle power switch, and a big blue jewel power indicator lamp- overall, a stunning combination of modern-retro looks that jump out of the rack. The A Designs Hammer is an inspired design whose sonic signature is far greater than the sum of its components. Perfectly happy in tracking applications or as an insert effect on individual channels, it is the ultimate full-range finishing device for sub-mixes and master outputs. After all, what audio toolbox would be complete without A Designs Hammer!
A Designs Hammer Equalizer Features
- World-class, three-band, dual-mono tube/hybrid equalizer
- Designed to sound highly musical for larger EQ functions typically found on expensive mastering
- Smooth, super-fidelity EQ, suitable for very high-end applications
- Beautiful-sounding broad EQ-shaping across several octaves with no adverse effect on tone
- Clean and airy high end
- Warmth, transparency, and quality sound
- Detened boost and cut controls
- Fixed frequency settings with highly musical overlapping bands and floating Q
- Low-cut and high-cut filters and bypass
- Transformer-less 12AT7 output tubes
- Custom-milled aluminum knobs and faceplate with EQ in/out, low-cut, and high-cut toggle switches
- Heavy-duty Carling power toggle switch
A Designs Hammer Equalizer Specifications
- Frequency Response: -3dB points @ 5Hz and 40kHz, Noise Floor -94dbm with 30kHz bandwidth
- Low boost: +12dB; cut: -12dB
- Mid boost: +12dB; cut: -12dB
- High boost: +12dB; cut: -12dB
- Low-frequency switch: 30Hz/50Hz/100Hz/150Hz/200Hz/300Hz/400Hz/470Hz560Hz Shelving @ 30/60/125
- Mid-frequency switch:125Hz/175Hz/ 250Hz/500Hz/800Hz/1.2kHz/1.6kHz/2kHz/2.7kHz3.3kHz/3.9kHz/4.7kHz
- High-frequency switch1: 8kHz/ 2.5kHz/3.5kHz/5kHz/7.5kHz/10kHz/15kHz/20kHz/40kHz Shelving @ 4.8k/12.5k/30k
- Low-cut filter: 84Hz
- High-cut filter: 8kHz
- Bandwidth (Q): Floating
- Distortion THD: > .08 @ 1Khz
- Power Requirements: 120/230 VAC - 42W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 19'' x 3-1/2'' x 10''
- Weight: 10 lbs. (Shipping weight 12 lbs.)
A Designs Hammer Equalizer Includes
- IEC Power Cable
- 1 Year Warranty
A Designs Hammer Equalizer Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The hammer is a joy to use and gives a warmth and control not present in much of today's digitally recorded music.