Vertigo Sound VSP-2 Preamp
The Vertigo Sound VSP-2 Preamp provides a smooth warm and defined sound from the lowest bass to the the the very top end of the sonic spectrum, combined with tons of gain (even enough for ribbon mics), and headroom. This makes the VSP-2 a powerhouse preamp with vintage analog warmth, and modern specs for the digital world.
The Vertigo Sound VSP-2 Preamp is their 3rd BIG IMPACT DESIGN and is setting a new benchmark in microphone amplification. The heart of this unit is Vertigo Sound 100% discrete Twin Op Amp circuit called the OPA (operational amplifier) 1976. 99% of all newer designs use an I-ntegrated C-ircuit for this job which makes production easy and cost extensive. Here‘s the big difference! The Vertigo Sound 1976 is a fully discrete. This very well thought out classic circuitry together with the Jensen JT16 transformer and Panasonic Coupling Caps plus the specific choice of components of the OP Amp gives you a fresh, punchy precise colourful sound without sounding dull or nasty at anytime.
These in-house stages are combined with Cinemags world famous CMMI-2C transformers to provide a smooth warm and defined sound from the lowest bass to the very top end of the sonic spectrum.The CMMI-2C transformer can handle very high input levels and provides a very linear phase behaviour because of low capacitance problems due to it`s low ratio of 1:2. Further the close ratio of the transformer forces the discrete OP Amp to provide most of the amplification in the VSP-2. This „full throttle“,“pedal to the floor“ circuitry enables a unique, rich, full and characterful sound.
Vertigo Sound VSP-2 Preamp Features
- ain control: 10-position Grayhill Rotaryswitch with 6db step increments. The full range of the unit is 12-72db
- Fine Gain control: 41 click Alps 0-6db fine gain trim
- 120Hz/off/80hz: Switch that engages lowcut input filter 12db/oct at 80hz or 120 HZ.
- Signal & Clip LED: This LED either indicates Green for a reasonable signal level presence at the output or red for close to Overload. There is no inbetween orange state to indicate clipping clearly.
- LED green: - 6dBu to 19dBu at the output of the VSP-2 >>>> reasonable output level
- LED red: +19dBu at the output of the VSP-2 >>>> close to clip level
- Note: The maximum output of the VSP-2 is +24dbU, the red clipping led indicates the maximum capable input level of most common converters and analog gear.
- INSTRUMENT IN: This is an unbalanced input for guitar, bass, samples, etc. This unbalanced input goes directly to the TWIN OPA input without using any circuitry inbetween. (Real DI Input) Simply throw the toggle switch and you‘re off. The output is muted when switching to avoid loud clicks in your monitors.
- 48V : 48V switches ramped phantom power.
- -20dB: The pad does not effect the input imedance of the VSP-2! The Pad circuitry is switched out the input stage completley when disabled. It is recommended to use the Pad function for 12dB-18dB-24dB-30dB only.
- PHASE: Reverses the polarity of the pre amp‘s output.
Vertigo Sound VSP-2 Preamp Specifications
- Format: Dual Mono Mic pre with 1,5K input impedance
- Transformer: Jensen Balanced In. That Corp 1646 Balanced Out
- Dynamic Range: 116 db @ 36dB Gain
- Frequency response: 10 Hz … 35 kHz (+– 1db) @ 36dB Gain
- Max. Output Level: + 24 dBu / 600 Ohm balanced floating
- Noise: -81dBu (20 Hz – 22 kHz – unweighted, RMS) @ 36 db Gain
- Power: 115v @60Hz, IEC, Mainfuse 115V 630–800mA
Vertigo Sound VSP-2 Preamp Includes
- VSP-2 Preamp
- IEC Power Cable
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review