Universal Audio UAD-2 Octo Core PCIe DSP Card
The Universal Audio UAD-2 Octo Core PCIe DSP Card, UA's flagship eight-processor DSP accelerator, offering massive horsepower for UAD plug-ins on Mac and PC.
Universal Audio UAD-2 Octo Core PCIe DSP Card Details
Universal Audio UAD-2 Octo Core PCIe DSP Card is Universal Audio"?s most powerful PCIe processing card, giving producers and engineers massive power for running award-winning UAD plug-ins on Mac or PC. In creating UAD-2 plug-ins, UA"?s DSP engineers work with the original hardware manufacturers "" using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears "" to create fully authenticated plug-ins with all the warmth and harmonics of classic analog equipment. The UAD-2 Octo Core features eight SHARC processors, and easily installs into a PCIe-equipped desktop computer or compatible expansion chassis, giving your Mac or PC a significant boost in audio quality and mix processing power.
The UAD-2 OCTO Core includes UA"?s "Analog Classics" plug-in bundle, and provides access to popular UAD plug-in titles from Ampex, Manley, Lexicon, EMT, Empirical Labs, Neve, MXR, Roland, Fairchild, Harrison, Little Labs, Studer, SSL and more (sold separately). Fully Mac- and Windows-compatible, with support for VST, Audio Units and RTAS, the UAD-2 OCTO Core is easy to use. Just install the software, install the PCIe card, and start mixing with some of the world"?s finest audio plug-ins.
Universal Audio UAD-2 Octo Core PCIe DSP Card Features
- Flagship eight-processor DSP Accelerator Card (PCIe format) for UAD Powered Plug-Ins on Mac and PC
- Ideal for professional power-users running demanding projects w/ high plug-in instances and/or high sample rates
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Digital Performer and more
- Includes "Analog Classics" plug-in bundle, featuring LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, and Realverb Pro plug-ins
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), UAD-2 Satellite, and Apollo audio interface
- Also available as UAD-2 OCTO Custom and UAD-2 OCTO Ultimate packages
Universal Audio UAD-2 Octo Core PCIe DSP Card Specifications
- High-bandwidth x1 PCI Express card (PCIe 2.0 compatible)
- Full-height, short PCIe card
- 8 Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processors
- Supports VST, RTAS, and Audio Units plug-in formats
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kHz sample rate support for all plug-ins
- 14-day full function demo for all plug-ins; try before you buy
Universal Audio UAD-2 Octo Core PCIe DSP Card System Requirements
- (Win) Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate Edition
- (Mac) OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, or 10.8 Mountain Lion
- 2 gigabytes available hard drive space
- 1024 x 800 minimum display resolution
- Available PCI Express (PCIe) slot for each UAD-2 card
- Internet connection or CD-ROM drive for software installation
- Internet connection required for registration and plug-in authorization
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, or RTAS plug-in host application software
Universal Audio UAD-2 Octo Core PCIe DSP Card Downloads
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Fabulous price from FrontEnd Audio for this awesome DSP package from Universal Audio. No complaints. The UAD-2 Quad is much more powerful than the UAD-1, but newer plugins like Fatso and Manley's Massive Passive EQ can use up a lot of DSP power. Nevertheless, I think most small to medium sized studios will do well with just one Quad.