Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Quad Core Firewire DSP Accelerator
The Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Quad Firewire DSP Accelerator, access UAD powered plug-ins with Quad processing power on select iMacs and MacBook Pros. Includes Analog Classics Software Bundle!
The Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Quad Firewire DSP Accelerator is Universal Audioâ??s most powerful FireWire DSP accelerator, giving producers and engineers full access to award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins on select Intel-based iMacs, MacBook Pros and Mac minis. In creating UAD-2 plug-ins, UAâ??s DSP engineers work with the original hardware manufacturers â?" using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears â?" to create fully authenticated plug-ins with all the warmth and harmonics of classic analog equipment. Powered by four SHARC processors, the UAD-2 Satellite Quad Core easily connects to Intel-based Macs via FireWire 800 or 400, letting you run large, complex mixes, without taxing your host computer.
The UAD-2 Satellite Quad Core includes UA's "Analog Classics" plug-in bundle, and provides access to popular UAD plug-in titles from Ampex, Manley, Lexicon, EMT, Empirical Labs, Neve, MXR, Roland, Fairchild, Harrison, Little Labs, Studer, SSL and more (sold separately). With support for VST, Audio Units and RTAS, the UAD-2 Satellite Quad Core is easy to use. Just install the software, connect the unit to an available FireWire 800 or 400 port, power up and start mixing with some of the worldâ??s finest audio plug-ins.
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Quad Firewire DSP Accelerator Features
- Powerful four-processor external FireWire 800 and 400 DSP accelerator unit, compatible with Intel-based iMacs, MacBook Pros and Mac minis
- Ideal for professional users running larger projects w/ higher plug-in instances and/or higher sample rates
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Digital Performer and more
- Includes "Analog Classics" plug-in bundle, featuring LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, and Realverb Pro plug-ins
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), UAD-2 Satellite, and Apollo audio interface
- Also available as UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Custom and UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Ultimate packages
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Quad Firewire DSP Accelerator Specifications
- Firewire 800/400 external enclosure w/ power supply
- Desktop dimensions: 6" wide x 8" long x 1" high (weight: 2 lbs)
- 4 Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processors
- Supports VST, RTAS, and Audio Units plug-in formats
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz sample rate support for all UAD plug-ins
- 14-day full function demo for all plug-ins; try before you buy
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Quad System Requirements
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, 10.7.3 Lion, or 10.8 Mountain Lion
- Available FireWire 800 or FireWire 400 port
- 1 GB available hard drive space
- 1024 x 800 minimum display resolution
- Internet connection or CD-ROM drive for software installation
- Internet connection required for registration and plug-in authorization
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, or RTAS plug-in host application software
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Quad Downloads
- UAD System Manual
- UAD Plug-Ins Manual
- Satellite Support Page & FAQ
- List of Compatible Macs
- UAD Instance Chart
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Was really surprised by the power of firewire and this product had no problem working with my Apogee Ensemble.
The UAD plugins sound great and have made a massive difference to my studio work flow.