The Universal Audio Bock 187 Microphone large-diaphragm FET condenser mic provides the classic warm tone of the legendary vintage U87 with modern sonic enhancements. The Bock 187 is handmade in Santa Cruz, California, to the exacting specifications of world-renowned mic designer David Bock.
The Universal Audio Bock 187 Microphone is David Bock's inspired take on the legendary U87 microphones he studied and maintained as chief technical engineer of the world's top recording studios for two decades. Handbuilt at UA’s Custom Shop in Santa Cruz, California, the UA Bock 187 mic gives you the "golden unit" tone of an iconic studio staple. The Bock mics are a beautiful coming together of an award winning industry brand with an equally awarded designer; it's a perfect combination and we are proud to have these available at Front End Audio!
Capture Classic Sounds, with Modern Flexibility
Vintage U87 mics are known for their presence, but can get strident when pushed. The UA Bock 187 enhances this classic design with a larger transformer, refined circuitry, and a unique "fat" mode that delivers a boost between 10 Hz and 400 Hz. This translates into more dynamic range, presence, and fullness on vocals, guitars, and more.
Universal Audio Bock 187 Microphone Features
- Premium large-diaphragm cardioid FET studio condenser mic, lovingly handmade at the UA Custom Shop in Santa Cruz, California
- Iconic, "golden unit" mic sounds with modern enhancements by David Bock
- Minimalist Class A FET circuitry
- Large Cinemag output transformer for rich bass and increased low-frequency headroom
- "Fat" mode provides low-end boost between 10 Hz and 400 Hz
Universal Audio Bock 187 Microphone Specifications
- Lo-cut (120 Hz), Pad (-10 dB)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 16 kHz, ±2 dB
- Max SPL: 125 dB SPL, 1% THD
- Requires 48v phantom power
Universal Audio Bock 187 Microphone Includes
- Bock 187 Microphone
- Ring Mount
- Premium wood storage case
- Warranty Information