The Universal Audio Bock 167 Tube Microphone large-diaphragm tube condenser mic that provides the rich smooth tone of the legendary U67 with modern sonic flexibility, solidifying it as a premiere vocal mic. Each Bock 167 is handmade in Santa Cruz, California, to the exacting specifications of world‑renowned mic designer David Bock.
The Universal Audio Bock 167 Microphone is David Bock's thoughtful reimagining of the iconic U67 mics he studied and maintained as chief technical engineer of the world's top recording studios for two decades. Handbuilt at UA’s Custom Shop in Santa Cruz, California, the UA Bock 167 is the perfect choice for recording singers, acoustic instruments, drums, and voiceovers. The Bock mics are a beautiful coming together of an award winning industry brand with an equally awarded designer; it's a perfect combination and we are proud to have these available at Front End Audio!
Get Iconic Sounds with Modern Tone Sculpting
Vintage U67 tube mics are cherished for their full sound and lively midrange. The UA Bock 167 improves upon this classic design with three EQ filtering options, a unique "fat" switch for boosting between 10 Hz and 400 Hz, and continuously variable polar pattern. This translates into recordings with more dynamic range, tonal extension, and flexibility.
Experience a Lifetime of Beautiful Recordings
Handwired using premium components — including a dual-symmetrical K67 capsule, Lundahl transformer, and NOS tube — each UA Bock 167 is built and tested to David Bock's exacting specifications. With its premium case, professional shock mount, and hand-tuned power supply, this mic will provide years of exceptional recordings.
Universal Audio Bock 167 Tube Microphone Features
- Premium large-diaphragm multi-pattern tube condenser mic, lovingly handmade at the UA Custom Shop in Santa Cruz, California
- Iconic, "golden unit" mic sounds with modern enhancements by David Bock
- Continuously variable omnidirectional, cardioid, and figure-8 polar patterns
- Dual-symmetrical K67 capsule and Lundahl transformer
Universal Audio Bock 167 Tube Microphone Specifications
- "Fat" switch provides low-end boost between 10 Hz and 400 Hz, Pad (-10 dB)
- High frequency contour: cut (-1.5 dB @ 5 kHz), cut (-3 dB @ 10 kHz), flat, boost (+2 dB @ 10 kHz)
- Frequency Range: 10 Hz – 18 kHz, ±2 dB
- Max SPL: 118 dB SPL, 1% THD
- NOS EF732 tube
- Requires included UA Bock 167 PSU true linear power supply
Universal Audio Bock 167 Tube Microphone Includes
- Bock 167 Tube Microphone
- True Linear Power Supply
- Shock Mount
- 7-Pin Mic Cable
- Warranty Information
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review