The TK Audio T-KOMP Compressor is a is a dual-mono vari mode compressor that has a unique design which offers a modern take on the old vari-mu ratio curve.
The ratio of the TK Audio T-KOMP is level dependent and increases with the signal level, a feature that will give you numerous possibilities. To make the T-Komp more useful it has two ratio ranges. The first one goes up to 20:1, perfect for instrument tracking and smashing drums etc., the second, 2:1, is a more narrow range which makes it more suitable for bus compression.
The T-Komp can be selected between feed-forward mode for a punchy, modern response or feed-back mode with a smoother, more musical response. The RMS detector has five settings, four from fast to slow where number four, the slowest, is similar to the old 160VU. The fifth position is a program dependent adaptive mode.
TK Audio T-KOMP Compressor Features
- Ratio which increases with the signal level.
- Two ratio ranges, 1:1 to 20:1 or 1:1 to 2:1.
- Feed-forward or feed-back mode.
- Five RMS settings, fast to slow and an adaptive mode.
- Blend control for parallel compression.
TK Audio T-KOMP Compressor Specifications
- Input impedance: 24kohm
- Output impedance: 50ohm
- Max in/output level: +26dBu
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz +/- 0,1dB
- Signal to noise ratio @ 0dBu: better than 94dB
- THD: level and compression dependent, mostly even harmonics
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review